Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 15 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Tampere, Finland
Originally Posted by pwsn View Post
since the phone can only connect to one bluetooth device at a time, wouldn't you not be able to use a headset and dial with your tablet?

i was hoping you could have your phone in your bag with a headset on and tablet in hand.
I'd like to have the Bluetooth connection between my N800 and 6120 Classic so that I could basically perform everything from my N800 (having kind of remote desktop to the phone from N800). Since I've got the wired stereo headphones connected to N800, I'd like to be able to answer to incoming phone calls via N800, and when needed, to start a phone call using only N800. The same goes with SMS's. If the PhoneLink gives me that, then great, I'll go and try that

Posts: 479 | Thanked: 58 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Dubai, UAE
So the use case is as follows:

Phone is relegated to a radio device, with the NiT functioning as the user interface to:

- initiate and terminate calls, and connection is established between BT headset and handset.
- call management (call swopping, setting up multi-party calls, etc)
- send and receive SMS (NiTwill alert on new SMS received, and user can compose and send SMS from the NiT)
- NiT/Phonelink IDs incoming callers and user can accept/reject incoming calls accordingly.

In this sense, I believe you are looking for the NiT equivalent of Nokia PC Phone (http://www.nokia.com/betalabs/pcphone) for the NiT. This software hasn't worked as well for me as float's Mobile Agent (http://fma.sourceforge.net/index2.htm) did for me with my Sony Ericsson device.

The above use case would require that the user either leave the Phonelink application open (to maintain the BT connection/ping/poll between the NiT and the handset) or that upon opening Phonelink, SMS and call logs are synced automatically and quickly. The former scenario would have implications on battery life for handset and NiT since the connection is always-on. The latter would be the preferred mode of operation, IMHO.

However, i do not believe that Phonelink is able to do this today, and the UI needs some improvement (it's still too basic)

Posts: 605 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ La Rochelle, France
I have made a wiki page to refernce phones that work and the others ...
Please update it and don't hesitate to contact me to chack that your phone really doesn't work ...
the page is here

Posts: 43 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Mexico City
I have a Nokia 6103 and it SEEMS Phonelink doesn't work with it. I have changed the .gnokiirc file and got to the point where I can see my GPE contacts. I select one, and then the program pauses for a second or two and displays the "Dialing" label, but it never does anything and the phone never shows sign of activity.

I changed my Bluetooth MAC address, Phone model (I used 6103 and also tried 6230, which in my Palm works like a charm when using the SMS application) and telephone number as instructed by Rufus in post #70 of this thread. No joy, however.

Has anyone successfully used Phonelink with this Nokia model?

Sorry for the late reply ...
You should try gnokii-gconf : it will allow you to let gnokii identify your phone ...

The Following User Says Thank You to fredoll For This Useful Post:
Fredoll:

Thank you very much!!! It worked perfectly at the first try. Now I can send SMS and dial through my NT. Yay!!
The only (sort of) drawback is that my Nokia 6031 asks for confirmation to connect with the Tablet every time a SMS or dialing is made, which is a bit awkward, but I can live with that for now.

Thanks for your time and dedication to making this great application more accesible and user-friendly.

Regards

I think in the bluetooth settings on your nokia if you go into paired device and check out the options for your NIT you can set an automatic acceptance ...

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
I'm pretty sure a W810 works. I know it works for calling, I will test it fully (SMS) when I get back and update wiki.

Fredoll:

Right after I wrote my last reply I remembered to enable the Auto-Confirm in the paired device configuration. As you rightly mention, this solved the problem. Thanks!

However, I noticed that I can't have the Bluetooth Headset paired to the phone at the same time I use Phonelink to send a SMS or dial. Nothing that turning the headset off and quickly switching it on after Phonelink has dialed doesn't solve but I had hoped it might not be necessary. I think I saw a post that said this was possible.

This doesn't detract at all from the fun I'm having sending SMS now from my NT

Once more, thank you for this great application

Angel
Mexico City

It sure is possible to dial and have a headset connected at the same time : I'm always doing it with my SE W880i (driver AT) : I suppose it depends on the capability of your phone ...