Notices

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Belgium
Hi, thanks for this great app, it installed flawlessly on my os2007 n800, and contactinfos seems to work fine for both gpe and eds (tested with the contactinfos testapp), but in phonelink, I cannot access any contacts, I just get an empty inputbox regardless whether I select 'use contactinfos' or not.

In previous versions of phonelink, I could pick names from the very same gpe db without problems, but this was the pre-contactinfos version.

My versions are:
~ $ dpkg -l|grep -i phonelink
ii phonelink 1.0.4-os2007 Let you dial or sms using your Bluetooth Phone and your contacts from GPE or the built-in contacts.
~ $ dpkg -l|grep -i contactinfos
ii contactinfos 0.5 DBus Services for accessing contact informations
~ $ dpkg -l|grep -i gpe-contacts
ii gpe-contacts 2.8+maemo+svn20071120-1 gpe packaged with mud
~ $ dpkg -l|grep -i eds
ii eds-sync 1.20061130 Sync Telepathy rosters into EDS

Originally Posted by rittf800 View Post
Hi, thanks for this great app, it installed flawlessly on my os2007 n800, and contactinfos seems to work fine for both gpe and eds (tested with the contactinfos testapp), but in phonelink, I cannot access any contacts, I just get an empty inputbox regardless whether I select 'use contactinfos' or not.

In previous versions of phonelink, I could pick names from the very same gpe db without problems, but this was the pre-contactinfos version.

My versions are:
~ $ dpkg -l|grep -i phonelink
ii phonelink 1.0.4-os2007 Let you dial or sms using your Bluetooth Phone and your contacts from GPE or the built-in contacts.
~ $ dpkg -l|grep -i contactinfos
ii contactinfos 0.5 DBus Services for accessing contact informations
~ $ dpkg -l|grep -i gpe-contacts
ii gpe-contacts 2.8+maemo+svn20071120-1 gpe packaged with mud
~ $ dpkg -l|grep -i eds
ii eds-sync 1.20061130 Sync Telepathy rosters into EDS
Sorry, I left my brain at the office. If I press Dial, contactinfo pops up with a search dialogue, and search works fine. Never mind.

Posts: 605 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ La Rochelle, France
Glad you found out
there has been a good lot of enhancements and new features since 1.0.4 but I'm afraid they are only available for OS2008.
Would you be interested to have them on OS2007 ?
If I find some time there is interest I'll recompile the last version ...
Fred

I have compiled and uploaded to extras the latest version of phonelink, contactinfos, gnokii-gconf and gnokii

Enjoy

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fredoll For This Useful Post:
Posts: 283 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ It's dark in here. I hear laughing.
I can't get this to work with an N810 and N95 phone. I don't use GPE so I have no contacts. I use a direct phone number (e.g., +11235551212), but I get the error message

gnokii I/O error: Transport endpoint is not connected

when I use xterm to launch phonelink.

Any clues?

Thanks.

I think there has been report of phonelink/gnokii working with N95 in the wiki ...

You should use "sdptool browse" to know the right rfcomm channel

Last edited by fredoll; 2008-06-06 at 09:01.

Originally Posted by fredoll View Post
Glad you found out
there has been a good lot of enhancements and new features since 1.0.4 but I'm afraid they are only available for OS2008.
Would you be interested to have them on OS2007 ?
If I find some time there is interest I'll recompile the last version ...
Fred
Thanks :-) Os2008 was unusable for me, due to the textinput problems on the n800.

I'm glad I could help you
Have a nice day
Fred