Posts: 48 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
Hi everbody, I thought I would share the history surrounding the two brand new N900's that I own now. This is how it went.

Last June, my precious N900 broke down. It would boot until the loading dots and then shut down. I brought the N900 back to my phonestore for repairs, and they sent it to Nokia Care. A week later, I recieved a call that my device had arrived, but Nokia had swapped it for a N8, since the N900 was no longer being supported by Nokia. Naturally I did not agree, and made the phonestore send the N8 back to Nokia Care, with an added message to please send in the correct device this time. A week later, I once again recieved the same N8, this time with double all the periphials.
Seeing that this was going nowhere, I took the N8 and contacted Nokia Care myself. The Nokia Care person told me that in order to recieve the N900 that they owe me, I had to bring their N8 to a Nokia Care Point, where the Nokia Care Point person will contact Nokia Care, so they can manually swap their N8 for the N900 they owe me. Everything seems to be working out, I give the N8 to the Nokia Care Point person and patiently wait. And wait.
After nearly two weeks, I contact the Nokia Care Point person, who tells me that the N900 still has not arrived. Once again I feel a bit left alone, so I make another call to Nokia Care, in order to ask them where the **** my N900 is. This is where it goes a bit awry.
The Nokia Care person tells me that the reason I am having all this trouble with Nokia Care is because I did not accept the replacement N8. For a few minutes I try to convince the Nokia Care person that this is not exactly the way to explain my current situation, but soon I realize that this is not going anywhere.
I contemplate a proper way to act and in all my grandiose smartness decide to go onto Nokia Care Benelux's Facebook page and whine at them, asking them to please send me my goddamn N900. Within a matter of minutes, I am contacted by Nokia Care Benelux person, via Facebook, who inquires about my situation.
I explain to him my predicament, and he promises me that this situation will dealt with in a swift and proper manner.
Three days later I am contacted by my phonestore, who say they recieved a complaint from Nokia Care Benelux. The phonestore will send me a new N900, which will arrive in 5 days. Everything works out, I have my N900 back and I am content.

This story would not have been very special, if it weren't for the fact that the Nokia Care Point person contacted me about a week ago, informing me that my N900 finally arrived. I thought about it for a split second, and told him I would gladly pick up the N900 that I have been waiting for all that time.

In other words, I sent in a broken N900, it got replaced with a unbelievable shitty N8, but after months of pressuring and in the end whining on Facebook, I recieved two brand new N900's.

How about that?

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to LavaCroft For This Useful Post:
Posts: 249 | Thanked: 167 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ International
moral of the story is?

Whinning wins!
My Favourite posts!
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=539
http://forums.precentral.net/2674180-post149.html
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=500
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=63720

The Following User Says Thank You to gryedouge For This Useful Post:
Posts: 353 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ India
heh..and it only took me 4 days to get the attention of @NokiaHelps on twitter ...and another 2 weeks for the replacement to come.. that too when my N900 was out of warranty!
yup whinning helps !

Posts: 568 | Thanked: 969 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Toronto
Be happy you're in a country where Nokia Care exists for your device. When I broke the screen on my N900, I had to search hard to even find a number for Nokia Canada. They basically told to to shove it. I ended up having to send the N900 Alabama via a friend in the US (because you have to have a US mailing address). It took 2 months.

Last edited by shallimus; 2011-10-14 at 19:56.

its nice to see theres people inside nokia that still give a **** about the customers.

Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
Originally Posted by m4r0v3r View Post
its nice to see theres people inside nokia that still give a **** about the customers.
You are a cheating a s s.

Yea, Nokia cant fix mine n900.
I send A email to nokia, to tell them I won;t accept a N8.
they offerd me an E7 as replacement.
last monday, the phone story called me that my phone was there.
Nokia sent a nokia N8 in stead of an E7....
I called nokia, they said that they hadn't an E7 at the moment and that I can take the N8 or wait for 6+weaks because the E7 must be made china or what ever...

Nokia don't have a great service...

Posts: 209 | Thanked: 203 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Portugal
You lucky bastardo, is the other N900 a female? If yes you can mix male and female and you get a son/daughter. Which can be N950 or N9.
Three devices! Then keep multiplying and they will reproduce prototypes... Ok, I'm going way too offtopic. The fact is that I have an N900 with a broken earspeaker (Evrtyrythiigng soosounds likiekek thisisi) making calls a pain in the *** to understand. Since I barely get any call, this isn't really an issue, but I'm sure going to try the whining method!

19:48 <Remi-X>: my name is fry and im shy
19:48 <Remi-X>: sh*t how can i even say something that dumb

The Following User Says Thank You to RiD For This Useful Post: