I used to be able to get my email on my Palm, from Outlook. I rarely responded via the Palm, but it was nice to be able to read work mail on it.

I was thinking about this, and you can do this via a file sync on the 770 and DejaPIM. I was bored. For this, you have to have M$ Outlook and M$ Office. I did this on a lark; it worked for me, but I have a properly configured and capable machine. Your mileage may vary. Oh, and I have experience with other database operations, like queries, but I wanted to make this simple, so I used DAO. You need to add that reference to Outlook.

1. Become root.
2. Use xterm to copy the *.dbf files from /home/user/apps/dejapim/ to your media card, /media/mmc1/ like this:

cp /home/user/apps/dejapim/*.* /media/mmc1/

3. Use BT to copy the files to your PC. Put them into the (in this example), c:\temp\ folder. Or someplace else. Remember that dBase III files are old-fashioned, so I would create a folder that is 8.3 compliant. Where ever this folder is, make it the BlueTooth shared folder.
4. Create an Access database, and save it in the same folder.
5. Open that Access database, and link the notes dbf file in.
6. Close the Access database.
7. Open Outlook, and add the attached *.bas file, to the Visual Basic editor section.
8. Create a rule or a button or some way to run this function.
9. Create a script on the Nokia to copy the *.dbf files back to their original location.
10. Create an icon to call this shell script, and display it in the menu.
11. Have Outlook call this routine when a new email comes in, or at regular intervals, or whatever.

Disclaimer: Use this code at your own risk. I will not be held responsible for what you might do to your PC or Nokia 770. You are warned. This is for hobbyist purposes only. Please do not expect me to support this code - I am a busy person.