Is there any alternative of Track & Protect for N9 ? I just want to see where is my phone from the Inter net and don't want to pay for Track and Protect .Thank you

Last edited by soleil; 2011-12-08 at 12:39.

Any solution ?

Hi, Soleil. To our knowledge, there is no other security application available at this time that will protect your N9 like Track and Protect. Developed specifically for the N9 and integrated into the MeeGo operating system, Track and Protect is impenetrable by hackers or thieves. You can also remotely lock a lost or stolen device, locate it using the online tracking system, or wipe sensitive data if the device is irretrievable. Works globally, even in roaming mode, without draining device battery.

We understand that you are looking for a free alternative, but credits for Track and Protect are available in low-cost amounts and are really good to have in case of emergency.

Please let us know if we can help you or send you any further information on Track and Protect!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to klomptekkrishna For This Useful Post:
I also understand your point. But for alll the features that Track and Protect offers at that very low cost, it's very well worth it! I don't think you lose your phone every week, so for that one-time situation, get those credits lol. After all, you just bought a 600-700$ device... what is another ~15$ to protect it...

The Following User Says Thank You to IsaacDFP For This Useful Post:
i remember that i had to use password everytime i rebooted the phone after enabling track and protect but since the update of pr 1.1, i do not get that, the phone simply restarts and springs to home screen without me entering password. Anyone know gown to enable that again?

Posts: 120 | Thanked: 126 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Germany
...Track and Protect is impenetrable by hackers or thieves...
That's just not true, it's only a matter of time and money

But one question, what is your concept on wiping the data on N9 with Track and Protect? (Technically).

Last edited by Niwakame; 2011-12-08 at 19:14.

The Following User Says Thank You to Niwakame For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by klomptekkrishna View Post
Hi, Soleil. To our knowledge, there is no other security application available at this time that will protect your N9 like Track and Protect. Developed specifically for the N9 and integrated into the MeeGo operating system, Track and Protect is impenetrable by hackers or thieves. You can also remotely lock a lost or stolen device, locate it using the online tracking system, or wipe sensitive data if the device is irretrievable. Works globally, even in roaming mode, without draining device battery.

We understand that you are looking for a free alternative, but credits for Track and Protect are available in low-cost amounts and are really good to have in case of emergency.

Please let us know if we can help you or send you any further information on Track and Protect!
klomptekkrishna how you write here i am assuming you work or have something to do with the company begin of "track and protect" if is so i want report something THROUGH you if is possible , the thing is that i send a email to the contact email they have reporting about the code area of my country look like they only have 809 code registre for dominican republic but here we have 2 more code 829 and 849 for this reason when i try registre the phone i get a error saying that i put a wrong code area for my country ( my phone number is a 829 one ) and don't let me use the software , if you can help in the matter i will appreciate it , THX

I wil certainly use Track&Protect if I lost my phone ( hope not ) . the need of track the phone come from my freind . She has a little brother to whom she gave a N9 as a gift . She want to keep track of her litte brother so she want to she want to track the N9 . So Track&Protect is expensive if she uses it everyday . She just need to track the phone

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
Originally Posted by e0x View Post
klomptekkrishna how you write here i am assuming you work or have something to do with the company begin of "track and protect" if is so i want report something THROUGH you if is possible , the thing is that i send a email to the contact email they have reporting about the code area of my country look like they only have 809 code registre for dominican republic but here we have 2 more code 829 and 849 for this reason when i try registre the phone i get a error saying that i put a wrong code area for my country ( my phone number is a 829 one ) and don't let me use the software , if you can help in the matter i will appreciate it , THX
omg put a period somewhere. klomptek is the company that made the app, krishna is the PR / media guy. Try emailing Support department: support@klomptek.com

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Creamy Goodness For This Useful Post:
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 312 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ P.A.
Originally Posted by soleil View Post
She has a little brother to whom she gave a N9 as a gift . She want to keep track of her litte brother so she want to she want to track the N9 . So Track&Protect is expensive if she uses it everyday . She just need to track the phone
Wait... So is that how it works ? U can't just buy the service outright !? Track & protect is basically a ''pay as you go'' service !? Bullsh1t !