Active Topics

Hi Folks,

I'm attempting to use a n810 to replace several consecutive PDAs running WinMo. (yes, I know, the NITs not a PDA, but it's doing a dang good job regardless). A necessary app for me is a password manager. I tried a few, and like the fact that KeePassX shares a DB format between Maemo and the desktop w/o screwing around, among other things.

I'd read that the KeePassX interface on Maemo left something to be desired font-size-wise, but I wanted to try it. I read further that KeePassX uses the default font from QT, and found the qtconfig app on the repository (via apt-get). My understanding being that I could modify the default font in qtconfig, thus shrinking the font loaded in KeePassX, and hopefully improving the interface enough to work.

I've tried this, but when I run qtconfig (I tried as root and normally), I get the message '/home/user/.osso/current-gtk-key-theme:1: unable to find include file: "keybindings.rc"' Qtconfig still runs, but it doesn't retain the settings I change from one execution to the next (the font is stuck at size 17 and yes, I saved the changes).

So, the questions:
1. Am I going about this the right way (i.e. will changing the font in qtconfig change the font at runtime for KeePassX)?
1a. If anybody has done this, does it make enough of a difference?

2. Is the keybindings.rc error what is keeping qtconfig from saving? If yes, any ideas about what I need to do to fix it?

3. Does everybody else love playing with this thing as much as I do? What am I saying, of course you do...

Thanks everybody, and I appreciate any help/advice you can give.

-Jeremy

The Following User Says Thank You to JerBear0 For This Useful Post:
Keepass for maemo has been on my wish list for long time. Great multiplatform app which has served me well in many devices.

Unfortunately I am not able to help you with technical problems.

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Saint Petersburg, Russia
the same thing with me - it's a killer app for me. I wonder why it's still not ported since I know a lot of people using it on win, win ce, palm, bsd and, of cause, linux desktops... and on android and symbian mobiles too :-/

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Saint Petersburg, Russia
found keepassx for previous version of maemo: http://qt4.garage.maemo.org/dists/ch.../binary-armel/

anybody to rebuild it for n900?

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Espoo, Finland
Would also love to have Keepassx to maemo5 N900!

Originally Posted by aim1159 View Post
found keepassx for previous version of maemo: http://qt4.garage.maemo.org/dists/ch.../binary-armel/

anybody to rebuild it for n900?
I'm extremely new to porting applications to maemo devices, but I've decided to take a look. So far, I can't rebuild the package for maemo5 because of the following error:

Code:
In file included from lib/AutoTypeX11.cpp:23:
./mainwindow.h:81: error: 'QSystemTrayIcon' has not been declared
./mainwindow.h:132: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'QSystemTrayIcon' with no type
./mainwindow.h:132: error: expected ';' before '*' token
make[1]: *** [../build/AutoTypeX11.o] Error 1
By searching around I've found that
QSystemTrayIcon is a file under /usr/include/qt4/QtGui
which contains only:
Code:
#include "qsystemtrayicon.h"
And the file "qsystemtrayicon.h" is located in two places:
./usr/include/qt4/QtGui/qsystemtrayicon.h
./usr/include/qt4/Qt/qsystemtrayicon.h

So, how do I fix that complaint?

Last edited by soeiro; 2009-12-16 at 16:17. Reason: fixing typo

Posts: 287 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ The Netherlands
I managed to get it compiled and it runs. I can import a windows keepass file so thats a good sign. There are a couple of problems with it:

The fonts on the N900 are too large for the keepasx gui. I had to remove/reorder a lot to get it working and it still isn't good. Developing in Qt for the N900 is trial and error. See some of my frustrations here: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=34879

The typed password is remembered in the dictionary. If i make tweak some settings in Qt, the password isn't rembembered but the typed chars are visible. Thats not really a problem but you cannot enter numbers in this mode. As soon as you switch to asterisk mode, the typed password is stored in your personal dictionary.

I'm afraid that we have to create a whole new gui and use the backend from keepassx. And my c++ skils aren't good enough for that.

Some screens:

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to robbie For This Useful Post:
It works.

Except minor problem.
if the password contains _
it is not visible on the password (you can not differentiate between _ or space).

Other than that looks great .

Originally Posted by tirtawn View Post
It works.
Did you create a new GUI for it? Can you post some screens of the app?