Posts: 24 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Lakeland, FL
I don't think this is a case of the classic white screen of death- My N800 still works, it just doesn't show anything.

I did some updates, installed Personal Menus, Othello, and maybe something else that I can't remember. Everything was working fine- I didn't have the Gear Icon for Personal Menu so after a couple of days I decided to reboot. Upon completion of the reboot( using the internal MMC2), I had a white screen. If I boot using the internal flash everything works. I'm able to log into my N800 using WinSCP and Putty using MMC2 so the OS is running- I just can't see anything. I removed Personal Menu via apt-get remove Personal-Menu using PUtty but that didn't make a difference.

I'm wondering if I can copy a configuration file from the working Internal Flash boot and copy via WinSCP to the broken MMC2 boot. However, I have no idea where to look. If Diablo is going to be released in a week or so, I would just wait and reflash, however if it's going to be a month or so, then I'd like to try to salvage what I have and repair it if possible. Does anyone have any ideas on where I should start looking to restore my screen?