Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 722 | Thanked: 1,223 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by taike_hk View Post
Is it possible to have a double-pixel option like Maep? Hate my aging eyes
It seems to me like a good idea that may actually be easy to implement. I will look into it.

Originally Posted by windows7 View Post
Would it be difficult to get street view to also work on this app?
Probably I can implement it to open on another window that will behave like a regular browser (maybe even use one of the existing browsers - like macuco or the standard browser).

My maemo work:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
WakeOnLan - wake computers on your local network.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network
dbBrowser: Simple application to browse sqlite databases

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fcrochik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 68 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Chicago
First off: big ups for this! Much appreciated. I will download it later today. But I really appreciate it! I usually use the HTML hack PLUS Nokia Maps to get what I need. This is excellent!

Posts: 561 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Spain
It works pretty well.

Can not make the scroll using your finger/stylus? It's a little uncomfortable to be clicking on the arrows.

Posts: 203 | Thanked: 152 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Austria
Hi,

I have added fingerfriendlier scrolling to your app.
Its still slow because of the google maps static api scroll-animation, but i think more comfortable than with the arrows.

mainwindow.cpp: added line 70 to 99 and 734 to 737
mainwindow.h: added line 100 to 103 and 128 to 132
mainwindow.ui: removed layout

I have added a binary to the zip that you can see the result immediately.
Have used source from 0.0.5

Regards, Andi
Attached Files
File Type: zip geeps-0.0.5_fingerscroll.zip (108.8 KB, 116 views)

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to AndiThebest For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 388 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Mar 2010
Originally Posted by taike_hk View Post
Is it possible to have a double-pixel option like Maep? Hate my aging eyes
What is this double-pixel option? Can you give a screenshot from Maep showing the difference?

Originally Posted by AndiThebest View Post
Hi,

I have added fingerfriendlier scrolling to your app.
Its still slow because of the google maps static api scroll-animation, but i think more comfortable than with the arrows.

mainwindow.cpp: added line 70 to 99 and 734 to 737
mainwindow.h: added line 100 to 103 and 128 to 132
mainwindow.ui: removed layout

I have added a binary to the zip that you can see the result immediately.
Have used source from 0.0.5

Regards, Andi
Andi,
Thanks for the initiative! It is very nice to have someone contributing - especially when it is "the best"

I am working on the local business search and will look into the finger scroll after that. I had planned to implement kinetic scrolling so you could pan longer distances at once but maybe a simpler/straight to the point approach will do.

Felipe

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to fcrochik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 37 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by gsever View Post
What is this double-pixel option? Can you give a screenshot from Maep showing the difference?
Here you go.

Enlarged one is double-pixel whiles other one is max. zoom.
Attached Images

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to taike_hk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 195 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ SF Bay Area, United States
Installed and have been testing lately. Geeps already became my official navigation app

Requests from my side

- Map should auto-center with the current location (Red icon).Or have a button/shortcut to display current location on screen.
- +1 For finger scrolling.
- +1 For persistent settings.
- How about adding support for public transport?

Maintainer of Markets Today (Yahoo Finance based desktop widget/app)

Originally Posted by scifi.guy View Post
Installed and have been testing lately. Geeps already became my official navigation app

Requests from my side

- Map should auto-center with the current location (Red icon).Or have a button/shortcut to display current location on screen.
- +1 For finger scrolling.
- +1 For persistent settings.
- How about adding support for public transport?
scifi.guy: Hi there!

Just in case you didn't find: the enter key should center on your current position (we probably also need some button on the screen to do the same)

Any ideas on how to add public transport?

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
For Maemo/N900:

The Following User Says Thank You to fcrochik For This Useful Post: