Anyone know how to get the n800 to connect via bluetooth and use a sprint mogul (htc 6800) for accessing the evdo network?

I can get the devices paired no problem but I have no idea what to use for settings on the n800.

i have a htc 6700 and i have a data call named sprint that dials #777 its is a dun connection. i cant really remember the exact steps. but i do know my dun phone profile is listed under conections in the control panel basically you want to set up a data call that dials #777 no pass no un

Cool, just need to disable NAI on the 6800 and I'm in business.
Thanks for the tip, I know where to go from here (I hope heh)

Hmm.. can't get the n800 to recognize the htc mogul as a phone.

Anyone out there in internet land have any tips for me?

I can't answer your question except to ask if you have been able to connect using a laptop with your phone. I have had luck doing that with one of my phones but not the other. My Palm Treo does not connect. I can connect with the phone and my n800 using Bluetooth but get a comm error. When I try to connect further. Anyone know how to connect a Treo 700p and the n800?

Have you tried using hcitool to pair the phone?
you will need becomeroot and osso-xterm from maemo garage
Be-careful as root though!!!
Code:
$ sudo gainroot
# hciconfig hci0 up
# hcitool scan
# hcitool cc your:bt:phone:mac:address
Make sure your phone is discoverable.
Check the bluetooth icon in the task tray of the n800
It should change from white/blue to dark_blue/blue when connected
Click on the world icon and connect to the connection that you made that dials #777

I think i might have read that the 6700 is the only win mobile phone on sprint that allows bt dun. Not sure if this is true tho.

P.s. The "hcitool scan" command did not return any output some times.
Scan a few times checking to make sure your phone is discoverable in bluetooth settings. After i checked it to make sure I got the mac???? Not really sure why.

Last edited by jay8378; 2007-09-13 at 15:45.

Jay, Thanks for the response. My Treo and N800 do connect via BT but the phone either does not dial or for some reason does not connect. The N800 says something like "no connection".

I know the laptop requires a specific Dial sequence and also a driver for the phone. Is there something like this required for the N800? BTW: My laptop will not connect either because I do not have the proper modem driver for a Treo.

Mogul does not support bluetooth dun only pan. Do a search for bluetooth pan on this website for the workaround. I haven't tried yet. It is a pretty involved process.

Originally Posted by signjc View Post
Mogul does not support bluetooth dun only pan. Do a search for bluetooth pan on this website for the workaround. I haven't tried yet. It is a pretty involved process.
Thats right, I totally forgot that wm6 had got rid of dun. Is ICS any faster than DUN?
What i would like to do is set up my 6700 as a access-point/router gateway and use it to connect via WIFI so i would have the speed of EVDO. BT just slows it down soooooo much. it seems like i've stepped into the stone-age and got back on 56k through BT DUN.

Originally Posted by rogeratm View Post
Jay, Thanks for the response. My Treo and N800 do connect via BT but the phone either does not dial or for some reason does not connect. The N800 says something like "no connection".

I know the laptop requires a specific Dial sequence and also a driver for the phone. Is there something like this required for the N800? BTW: My laptop will not connect either because I do not have the proper modem driver for a Treo.
Im not sure about the treo as i have never owned one but a review here states that it does work. This might help you too.