Posts: 81 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ port harcourt
hello all..i have got some issue with my n900..Some time last week, i powered on my device and saw it getting stuck at the dot pattern and powering off...i quickly removed the battery for awhile and inserted back but it still got stuck but this time on the last dot..i searched forums hoping to get solution and i settled with flashing the device...on windows 7,flashing the fiasco is successful but on flashing the emmc,it powers on and freezes..so i opted for a linux distro thru the oracle virtual machine..on flashing with debian,fiasco is again successful but flashing the emmc,the device powers on,thus gets disconnected and gets stuck till i select the device option and pc suite mode before it flashes successfully...but the problem is still therer...mind you,I did all these without the -R option..i even flashed just the kernel alone which was successful..problem was not solve...i tried enabling rd mode based on ma little digging...it powered on without getting stuck at the dots but It strangely asks for security code which i did put the correct security code but it rejected it...i flashed bothe thee fiasco and emmc but still same problem...i tried cold flashing but am always stuck at the no suitable usb found after waiting for mor than an hour...pls guys,help me out of this ordeal

help anyone?

Posts: 863 | Thanked: 213 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Goa
after flashing firmware it needs some time to load up i mean it shows loading bar for few minutes. just flash it again with xp cuz i use xp and i hav good experience of flashing on xp

The Following User Says Thank You to seanmcken For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by seanmcken View Post
after flashing firmware it needs some time to load up i mean it shows loading bar for few minutes. just flash it again with xp cuz i use xp and i hav good experience of flashing on xp
yes it takes time normally but mine freeszes on the dot patterns and powers off.I normally try to solve my problems myself but am out of ideas on this one..