Active Topics

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 112 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Poland
Hi! I had the same problem with n900. It sometimes show the telephony error, so I was restarting the phone, and error goes away. After some days it came back, and phone restart didn't helps, so i think like most people and I put some plain paper under battery on sim card, this solution works for a few hours. I consider that this is end of my phone functionality, but I look up the talk.maemo.org for any other solution and I found that fault is based on moving sim card in sim slot, so I opened my n900 put more paper under battery and sim shows up, I made some quick moves (forward backward) and sim card was not found for a while, so it's true for my phone.

What I have done to make it works:
- put plain paper under six copper flat piece of metal
- scratch with screwdriver copper place of sim card (six points)
- insert sim card with flat plain paper to sim pocket
- insert plain paper under battery

This makes sim card very stable and vibration resistant. I also want to put plastic under these six copper flat pieces but sim pocket wont close, you have to be carefull, it's very gently. I also do this http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...1&postcount=18 but with plain paper, but I think it didn't fix that.

For now it works perfect like never before, if someone wants I will do photos how it looks. Maybe this solution will help someone.

Originally Posted by bugoy View Post
ok i will investgte on that prblem becoz it already happen to me, maybe u try to flash ur phne using phonex did you famliar on that thing
i think there is a small battery on mother board replace it then see what happens

Originally Posted by jendkers View Post
Hi! I had the same problem with n900. It sometimes show the telephony error, so I was restarting the phone, and error goes away. After some days it came back, and phone restart didn't helps, so i think like most people and I put some plain paper under battery on sim card, this solution works for a few hours. I consider that this is end of my phone functionality, but I look up the talk.maemo.org for any other solution and I found that fault is based on moving sim card in sim slot, so I opened my n900 put more paper under battery and sim shows up, I made some quick moves (forward backward) and sim card was not found for a while, so it's true for my phone.

What I have done to make it works:
- put plain paper under six copper flat piece of metal
- scratch with screwdriver copper place of sim card (six points)
- insert sim card with flat plain paper to sim pocket
- insert plain paper under battery

This makes sim card very stable and vibration resistant. I also want to put plastic under these six copper flat pieces but sim pocket wont close, you have to be carefull, it's very gently. I also do this http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...1&postcount=18 but with plain paper, but I think it didn't fix that.

For now it works perfect like never before, if someone wants I will do photos how it looks. Maybe this solution will help someone.

I am having same annoying problem and from the mail threads i see that only following works :
1. Phone replacement
2. Some tricky fixes like applying pressure near SIM or pressing Battery really hard, juggle with PINS ( i suspect i would do more harm this way to my phone), insert paper piece etc., etc.,

I believe this problem exists for devices manufactured/released during certain time frame( may be year 2010 models).

I tried complete reflash and all tricks in point 2 mentioned above and to my dismay nothing works!!

Would be good if if you could attach pics of how you would manage to get it working back perfectly after having experienced annoying problem!!

Originally Posted by snm_10 View Post
Would be good if if you could attach pics of how you would manage to get it working back perfectly after having experienced annoying problem!!
Give me an e-mail address and i will send you a picture showing what i did on my N900's GSM module almost a month ago and made it works like a charm.

Originally Posted by saponga View Post
Give me an e-mail address and i will send you a picture showing what i did on my N900's GSM module almost a month ago and made it works like a charm.
Hi! could you please send me too? glauco34ATyahooDOTcom

Thank you very much!

Posts: 468 | Thanked: 775 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hereford, England
Can you also send then to me as well please. Thanks

Last edited by bigears5000; 2013-02-08 at 12:44.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
saponga,

Wouldn't it be easy for you to post the pictures here or at least post links to them instead of asking for email ids? This thread will get filled with email requests unnecessarily otherwise.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Sorry my lazyness
Here you go !

Last edited by saponga; 2014-10-19 at 16:31.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to saponga For This Useful Post:
Sorry my lazyness
Here you go !
Hi,
If I understand you've glued pieces of a spring on the chip, right?
What kind of spring did you use? like the one in ballend pen?
What glue did you use?

Thank you!

Originally Posted by glauco34 View Post
Hi,
If I understand you've glued pieces of a spring on the chip, right?
What kind of spring did you use? like the one in ballend pen?
What glue did you use?

Thank you!
Yes, i used pen's spring and the glue is that one... Some kind of "liquid epoxi polimercaptanas"

The Following User Says Thank You to saponga For This Useful Post:

Tags
antenna, communication, depressing, disabled, error, problem, telephony