Active Topics

i went to a college graduation in a stadium at uc irvine. i tried to send someone a file via bluetooth. big mistake!! my phone was searching for devices for like 5+ minutes. there were pages of devices. all of them saying 'retrieving device name...'

there was at least 80 devices but probably more. i just cancelled. after that day, my bluetooth didnt work!! it couldnt find ANY device. it would just sit at 'searching for devices' . even if there was only one device in the area!! i restarted, disabled auto disconnect, turned off and on bluetooth. nothing worked. i had this problem for about a month. then i couldnt take it anymore.

i was about ready to wipe my phone, when i got an idea. i turned on my wifes bluetooth, then i went to my phone and then to bluetooth settings, selected the option to set up a new paired device, and did a search. it found my wifes phone!!

i cancelled the new pair, and now bluetooth works back to normal. i dont know what happened, but maybe when it got overloaded with the new devices it messed with the device id / device name lookup file?? and setting a new device does a quick check to make sure the list is ok, and fixes it if its not?? just a guess.

i hope this helps anyone who has had or will have this problem!!

posted from my N900!!

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
what about bugs.maemo.org?
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search