Poll: Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?
Poll Options
Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?

i need help please! i tried every way of getting airplane mode off but i couldnt.. i tried the pin lock code, the x term commands to eliminate the ofono in the data directory, also tried to use the power control widgetbut nothing works.. any ideas ? i really wanna get airplane mode off..

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Bristol UK
Gonna reflash. My Rootfs has been eaten up..

Can any one please help me removing Gingerbread as I m not able to remove by typing
root
mount /dev/mmcblk1p2 /and -o noatime

when i type here it says no as such directory on /and

please advise.

Regards
Sahil

Originally Posted by Thargor View Post
Can anyone offer any advice. I'm getting the following error when trying to dpkg Mido's deb.

dpkg -i /home/user/MyDocs/NITDroid-kernel-Mido.Fayad.deb
(Reading database ... 36508 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking nitdroid-kernel-2.6.28-06 (from .../NITDroid-kernel-Mido.Fayad.deb) ...
Android not found. MUST be mounted on '/and'
dpkg: error processing /home/user/MyDocs/NITDroid-kernel-Mido.Fayad.deb (--install):
subprocess pre-installation script returned error exit status 1
Errors were encountered while processing:
/home/user/MyDocs/NITDroid-kernel-Mido.Fayad.deb

Only thing i can decipher is that i need to be mounted on /and.

Double checked by trying again even though knew i had followed perfectly. Same error.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I take it you're in Root yes?

And try this before running the .deb file:

mount /home /and

This should...well...mount them i suppose! But make sure you are in Root first!

Hope this helps!

How much faster is Gingerbread than Nitroid 0.0.9?
And second question when is next release or update coming?

for a reason everything stops unexpectedly. when I boot into android any idea why? this is with gingerbread. Also how would I have Android on my MicroSD card because it's eaten up my opt

Last edited by m4r0v3r; 2011-01-20 at 23:25.

Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
As most of you know, I stopped repling and answering to this thread, my internet is broken, and it still is I'm using my sister's BB to open the wold wide web

Hello,
Nice to find all of you people here.
Thank you for this great tutorial.
I have installed successfully 2.3 to eMMC and configured Multiboot to boot from it.
But when I have my memory card inserted Multiboot tries to load from it Nitdroid and nothing happens.
What is the problem? Do I need to configure anything else to ingnore my memory card?

Thank you all for your great effort!

Originally Posted by funkmunk View Post
I have got both NITDroid 0.0.9 & Gingerbread installed on my phone and have 2G & 3G working fine & normal.Please check ur APN settings and remember to save them before you quit settings from Android.

I made sure that the apn settings were correct, even tried different sim cards. it shows signal, but no internet

Posts: 60 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ troll cave
This time managed to get gingerbread to work. Now some questions.

How do I get astro file manager installed? The Marketplace cannot find it, and without a astro file manager installed, there is no way to install the astro file manager .apk from the sd. Kind of and chicken egg problem. Is there some alternative (command line?) way of installing apk files?

Second, the intertubes say nitdroid is "rooted by default". However, in the android terminal the "su" command fails with "no permission". On rooted droid2 when hitting "su" a popup appears asking if I should grant root to the terminal or not. How do I get "root" if not via su..

Tags
community win, mor*nicindians, nitdroid