Posts: 65 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ New Zealand
Originally Posted by Sergey_Kashin View Post
Sorry for such big delay, that was a reaaaally busy days

Checked, you are right, we have the same bug. Thanks that you found it!

Checked. Bug should be fixed in the update (not in the PR1.1).

as far as I know - nope, not in in the plan.

Thanks for the post. Noted.

Can you attach the logs for your problem? Don't forget to remove any private info that you don't want to share.

Attach the logs, please.

As far as I remember, you should configure your account by the special way (check google support (like FAQ etc.) for more info, or I'll find it a bit later ).

Hmm, never saw that bug, will ask our testers about this bug. Thanks.

Attach the logs, please.

Nope.

are you using CRAM-MD5 on your server?

Nope, Google server returns to us that it has only one calendar (the primary one). (But looks like you found the solution :-D )

If this is a server requirements, then you can't disable it (at least while this MfE account is configured ).
Hi have been trying to attach the logs but they say invalid file type. They are .txt files about 30-40kbs large. Can I email them somewhere? Thanks

Originally Posted by sanders View Post
However there appears to be a logic bug in the client so that if (the IMAP server supports URLAUTH or [wrong should be and] the SMTP server supports BURL) and there is a sent folder detected then an attempt to use BURL is made.

I've reported this bug, with a suggested fix. Won't be fixed in 1.1, hopefully next release after that.
I don't know if it's connected, but as I wrote earlier, I found my sent emails saved in "Sent", which I was kind of happy about. But for some reason (don't ask...) I deleted the "Sent" folder.

Then I always got an error message "An error has occured" or something when sending. The mail would be sent, but not saved. I even restored the "Sent"-folder from backup, but it still wouldn't work. Not untill I deleted and re-created my account on the N9.

Wouldn't it make sense if it created the "Sent"-folder if it did not exist? Or am I seeing this bug?

Anyway, I'm really happy with the email client on N9. Except for the obvious bugs that we are told will be fixed, it's very good!

Originally Posted by sanders View Post
This is not officially supported.

It should be possible to do by editing the qmailstore.db file directly, and using sql, but it's not simple. I can probably look into it if you really want to know how to do it.

As I said this is not officially supported. You can corrupt the mail database. You will have to do it at your own risk.
Hi!

Well, if it's not too much work, I'd be happy to know how to do it. I will not say that I'm very experienced with SQlite, but I have used it before, and "normal" SQL I deal with daily.

But this also means that the only thing missing to let users change sent-folder is the UI-part? I guess servernames and everything is already written to the DB, so it's just one more field... Interesting

Thank you for your awesome work, all of you!

Posts: 359 | Thanked: 162 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Budapest
Issues I've had using Exchange on the N9:

(1) Won't connect if I select 'Non-provisionable device' although server does not require it.
(2) Takes aeons to update if you have a large number of folders in your email account. There is no way to select a partial list of folders. I gave up after continuous syncing of over 14 hours.
(3) Contacts info was deleted by N9, synced back to Exchange server. I lost about half my contact info. Luckily I had a backup. May be related to point (2) - the deletions occurred during this marathon 'sync' that never completed (due to large number of folders in email account, it seems).

Something is wrong with google sync today -- i get 200 contacts synced and then sync app just hangs. Does not respond to "stop sync" or whatever.

Posts: 184 | Thanked: 327 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Nizhny Novgorod
Originally Posted by sjordet View Post
Wouldn't it make sense if it created the "Sent"-folder if it did not exist? Or am I seeing this bug?
I don't think that this is a good idea to handle this issue by this way.

Originally Posted by noetus View Post
(1) Won't connect if I select 'Non-provisionable device' although server does not require it.
Are you sure that server does not require it? There shouldn't be any problems with this setting. Did you checked the activesync logs? What kind of error do you have?

Originally Posted by noetus View Post
(2) Takes aeons to update if you have a large number of folders in your email account. There is no way to select a partial list of folders. I gave up after continuous syncing of over 14 hours.
in PR1.0 favourite folders support is not implemented for MfE accounts, so this issue should be fixed in update (just because not all emails will be synced to device ).

Originally Posted by arkanoid View Post
Something is wrong with google sync today -- i get 200 contacts synced and then sync app just hangs. Does not respond to "stop sync" or whatever.
Hmm, not sure about your issue, but it looks familiar to me. Will ask colleagues about it.

Don't know how to sync your Hotmail account as an Exchange account with your Nokia N9? Use MeMailSettings! For help you can check out MeMailSetting's support page.

Posts: 443 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Grenoble, France
A little question:

I have a N9 and I have manually set up my company exchange account and I don't have the option to enable push email. Where is this option?

Thanks a lot

Posts: 65 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ New Zealand
Hi - Logs for the mail issue attached. Still can't send SMTP mail from home ISP when away from home. I managed to emulate the problem. Hopefully you'll see what the problem is in the logs.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Nokia N9 Log.zip (60.8 KB, 99 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to markn For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mousse04 View Post
A little question:

I have a N9 and I have manually set up my company exchange account and I don't have the option to enable push email. Where is this option?

Thanks a lot
go to accounts-> tap on your MfE account -> tap on schedule -> here you can configure your schedule sync settings (you need 'always up-to-date' option).

Don't know how to sync your Hotmail account as an Exchange account with your Nokia N9? Use MeMailSettings! For help you can check out MeMailSetting's support page.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sergey_Kashin For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by markn View Post
Hi - Logs for the mail issue attached. Still can't send SMTP mail from home ISP when away from home. I managed to emulate the problem. Hopefully you'll see what the problem is in the logs.
Thanks for the logs, will check this issue tomorrow (I hope).

P.S. You've got this error:
[1284] Oct 28 21:55:02 [Debug] SMTP : SEND: MAIL FROM: <mail@mail.mail>
[1284] Oct 28 21:55:02 [Debug] SMTP : RECV: "250 OK"
[1284] Oct 28 21:55:02 [Debug] SMTP : SEND: RCPT TO: <mail@mail.mail>
[1284] Oct 28 21:55:03 [Debug] SMTP : RECV: "550 SMTP AUTH required for Submission Port"
[1284] Oct 28 21:55:03 [Debug] SMTP : Closed connection: "550 SMTP AUTH required for Submission Port
"

Tags
attachments, email, issues, mail exchange, nokia n9, nokia n950