Notices

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 136 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Holland
also option to enable fm transmitter straight from instinctiv? would be great for use in the car

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Carlito For This Useful Post:
Oh is that how the final version is gonna look like ?
If so... WOW simply fantastic, It makes the current one look like crap, and up until a few minutes ago i thought that one looked amazing,

Can't wait till you're finished, great work instinctiv team!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to Castillo91 For This Useful Post:
Everything look good except something i don't like:

1. The color of the bottom portion shouldn't be black. Use the color of the current player would be nice. It looks slick that way.

2. The album art is being reduced i think. I prefer the way it is.

3. You have to tab every time to see timer and current play song info? Hmmm....nope. So now you have to tab twice in order to skip somewhere. Tab once to bring the time bar and tab again to jump to a different portion of the song. When i am in the car, i don't want to tab twice (well, i already tab twice since the light will go dim)...that means i have to tab 3 times now just to skip, i don't have time for that....sorry!

4. Icons does not looks appealing. Even the thumbnails art is smaller...Sorry i don't like the desktop version. N900 version is the shyt....it looks slick and tight UI. You want to model after the slick mobile version, not the desktop.

Well, let's see how it go...if everything don't look the way i wanted, then i'll probably keep the oldest N900 version forever rather than upgrade. Remember, the reason Instintiv is unique is because of it's slick UI, huge album art and user friendly. If you take away all that and crowded it with FEATURES....or sacrifice slick looking UI for features....you essential lose that uniqueness. And so it becomes nothing more than just a default media player like the one they shipped with.

Something else...

What about landscape orientation...is the art going to be as big? Is there an option to shutoff rotation?

Is there a repeat mode for single song and playlist of songs??

I see a volume bar at the bottom....i think it's unnecessary since you already have a volume icon on the right side. How about scratch that bar and replace it with a progressive timer bar and place it right above before the art?? This bar, you can tab and skip to different portion of the song any time just like the current version. Get rid of the one-tab timer bar display....and replace put the equalizer bar on the right side.

And what about swipe art to change song?? Now that's a slick feature.

Last edited by romanianusa; 2010-11-24 at 02:38.

The Following User Says Thank You to romanianusa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by Jack6428 View Post
BUT I want an automatic update through the app manager! Or have you forgotten the app manager exists? What kind of product this is if I can get automatic updates? Just saying...
A free one dude. And one with which you are given an opportunity to participate in its development.

If it troubles you. Wait for it on OVI.

And Peter...

Originally Posted by peter@instinctiv.com View Post
Sorry, this design won't come out until after the Dec 13 release but this is what we're moving towards and even the Dec 13 version will have some of the plumbing needed to support this new UI.
Keep on truckin' toward release...

When it is time, I am anxious to hear and see what the Windows companion piece involves.

SLN member # 009

Last edited by YoDude; 2010-11-28 at 01:05. Reason: speeling :)

The Following User Says Thank You to YoDude For This Useful Post:
hey peter
i think i read that the update will be through Ovi Store
Ovi store is blocked in my country
please could you ( at the update date ) to share the .deb file online like you used to do
thanks a lot
all the updates the picture look very promissing
caaaaaaaaaaant wait

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany

@peter,

Everything looks great. Looking forward to the ultimate music player on the N900.

P.S. Cover flow style of album selection would be awesome - just sayin'

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dannycamps For This Useful Post:
Posts: 597 | Thanked: 490 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Hi Peter, do you guys have "genre"-selection on your list?

The Following User Says Thank You to Reflektorfalke For This Useful Post:
Hello, Peter

I am still unable to place about 60% of my mp3 files with the latest test version of Instinctiv. It crashes after first several seconds of playback. Is there anything I can do to help you diagnose the problem?

I think it's not a good idea to display "shuffle" in the main page. I think the best way to use this function is to put a button in the player interface. This way, you can change it, when you want. you're not oblige to go back in the main page.

Last edited by gruik; 2010-11-26 at 12:57.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gruik For This Useful Post: