Notices

I have been using Password for two weeks or so, and I put all my passwords into it, as well as many other pieces of information. Today, I went into it, and there is only one entry, and one folder. I tried restarting it and the 770 many times, to no avail.

I know, it is only beta, but just so you know, I wasted a lot of time entering all of that data, and now it is gone. No danger, but what a serious waste of time. And time is something that I do not have to waste.

I would have been better off simply entering the values into a plain text file, ( and I guess password protecting the 770 ). At least I would still have that text file.

Dang it!

Last edited by michaelalanjones; 2006-08-01 at 02:04.

Bad luck! I guess you have learned the lesson to backup the password safe file. I run password safe on my linux box as well and sync the files regularly.

It's surprising that not more work has gone into coming up with a reliable pw manager. That is a major advantage of having a pda. I'd gladly pay $10 or so for one that works reliably.

rj

This happened to me as well. Interestingly I was able to take my password gorilla data file from my linux box and just put it directly back on the nokia 770. Worked perfectly. Many password programs on linux all use the same format. Would of course be better if file corruption did not occur....

The Following User Says Thank You to richo123 For This Useful Post: