Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
Nokia has disabled the vdd2 first, in PR1.2 I suppose. vdd1 was disabled later. Notice, SR crashes the N900 above 805Mhz
Even QCpuFreq enables only vdd1. When I use the omap kernel, I use also only vdd1.
You can use the queen beecon widget or some menu shortcuts.

read the 720p playback thread: the profile was designed specially for 720p. I'd go to ideal or low voltages profiles instead.
Both vdd1 and vdd2 could be enabled in PR1.3 kernel AFAIK. And why you are using only vdd1 with omap1, actually that is the unstable one (because of incorrect calibration values written in efuse), there has never been reports of vdd2 being unstable AFAIK.

And please stop promoting undervolting profiles with SR enabled. It is either use copy of dsp/default with MIN/MAX frequencies according to your needs (default has SR enabled) or some undervolting profile with SR *DISABLED*. Re-read my previous post again. I really don't want SR reported as unstable, because someone is playing with SR and undervolted profiles.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 336 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ portugal
...set above 430..sorry freeman..i dont get it..do i have to edit something?..i just loaded dsp profile...

Last edited by ed_boner; 2012-01-19 at 20:03.

Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Both vdd1 and vdd2 could be enabled in PR1.3 kernel AFAIK. And why you are using only vdd1 with omap1, actually that is the unstable one (because of incorrect calibration values written in efuse), there has never been reports of vdd2 being unstable AFAIK.

And please stop promoting undervolting profiles with SR enabled. It is either use copy of dsp/default with MIN/MAX frequencies according to your needs (default has SR enabled) or some undervolting profile with SR *DISABLED*. Re-read my previous post again. I really don't want SR reported as unstable, because someone is playing with SR and undervolted profiles.
I am not promoting undervolting with SR - I stopped mixing it. I'm paraphrasing what QCPUFreq is telling:
SmartReflex(TM) is known to be unstable on some devices and may cause some random reboots.
Starting with PR 1.2, Nokia has disabled "VDD 2 SR" in order to make the device more stable. This is why QCPUFreq only enables VDD1 SmartReflex(TM).
But anyway, thanks for the VDD2 stuff explanation! I'll try the dsp profile with SR.

EDIT: Wow!!! VDD2 is great. with vdd1 only I could overclock only up to 805 and with 850 crash, with both vdd1 and vdd2 up to 950Mhz it's alright (at 1000Mhz it crashes)
And the battery savings are awesome (whole day of moderate using and still 65% of battery)

Projects no longer actively developed: here

Last edited by marmistrz; 2012-01-20 at 19:14.

Posts: 172 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Forest of Dean, England.
Isnt this just a case of using JCB to crack small nut?

What are the benefits of using OptimizeN900 over just doing a reboot?

PICTURES TAKEN WITH MY N900

Tags
faster, reflash, refresh, script-a-brick, sell it