Notices

Originally Posted by thp View Post
Hello!

It is just a quick hack, but it basically works
That's an understatement I think it's working great! And its the neat little things, like the popup controls mentioned earlier, and being able to (esc key) hide the podcast list to view episodes/descrips fullscreen, and still scroll thru podcasts with the +/- keys. Still not able to change the DL location, but this new version seems to have cleared up the other problems.

Thank you so much for your time bringing gpodder back to n8xx

OK, I'm stumped. Got this downloaded and installed. When I type in a URL and click 'add' or hit enter, nothing happens. Am I missing something?

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by belias21 View Post
OK, I'm stumped. Got this downloaded and installed. When I type in a URL and click 'add' or hit enter, nothing happens. Am I missing something?
Please start gPodder in your xterm (or via ssh) and paste the output of the console (after trying to add a new podcast) here. The command you have to type:

gpodder --maemo --verbose

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Anybody want to compare how they like gPodder compared to Canola's podcast function and why?

Help Save This Forum
for N8x0/Diablo Users! Register and Vote for Solution #1 on this Brainstorm. (The Solution will let you see New Posts with any threads you choose -- like the N900 and Maemo5/Fremantle threads -- filtered out.) (To understand the Solution better, see these posts #17, #18, and #19.)

I'm about to try out gPodder myself (been using Canola's podcast function). Let's see..differences of the top of my head.

Well Canola has canola-tuning so you can get podcasts without having to manually enter the url or copy and pasting urls. Just click the feed button and click canola (podcast for podcasts). Not sure if that's the case for gPodder.

However Canola cannot do video podcasts yet. Well technically it can do video podcasts, there just isn't any support if you have problems since your not suppose to use the audio podcasting area for videos (video podcasting is coming).

I'm going try out gPodder since I want something that will hopefully work better with video podcasts. If so I'll just use gPodder for video podcasts.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

So, I've put in some more work in the gPodder Maemo Port. I've created a repository and added a .install file, so you can install it from your tablet with one click and have application manager update goodness as new versions of gPodder become available.

You might have to remove any manually-installed gPodder packages first (look into the application manager, remove "gpodder" and then click on the "install" link):

http://maemo.gpodder.org/

I am still unable to change download location, it defaults to the internal card (trying to change to external) ... anyone else with this problem?

Posts: 136 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Lafayette, LA
I can't get it to not automatically check for new episodes on startup. Also, it would be cool if there was a way to only check for updates on one show as a menu selection. Sometimes i'm in a hurry to leave for work, and there is only one show that i know is updated and i want to download. Thanks for a great port!

Changing the download location is not really possible at the moment, unfortunately. I'll add support for selecting between internal and external cards soon. In the meantime, you can change the download directory manually:

1.) Make sure gPodder is not running
2.) Edit /media/mmc2/gpodder/gpodder.conf and change "download_dir" to /media/mmc1/gpodder/ (or any folder you like)
3.) Move all folders (ONLY folders, not files) from /media/mmc2/gpodder/ to the new download location, so gPodder can find previously-downloaded files
4.) Start gPodder

I've made lots of changes to the UI to make it more finger-friendly (including bigger buttons, tabs and even the episode pop-up menu! . I have also made sure we can squeeze as much podcast/episodes in the main screen as possible and added a maemo-specific preferences dialog and "add podcast" dialog.

Screenshots are here: http://maemo.gpodder.org/screenshots.html

The Following User Says Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:

Tags
media, podcasts