Active Topics

Posts: 206 | Thanked: 205 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ London
Since they started to give out N950 developers devices I thought I would see them appear on ebay soon enough and been doing searches for a while now and come up with nothing.

But just this morning I searched again and I found this link:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MESOX:IT

The guy's got the N9 up there but also has an N950 in his other items, link is here:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...STRK:MESELX:IT

Is this real? I am tempted (for the N950 of course). It does make sense that some N950s would end up on ebay but this soon? i'm not sure. He has sold some of them already so the buyers either found something trustworthy about this seller or are very stupid. I don't know

What do you guys think? Should I order one, I'm really starting to miss my N900.. but I don't want to be scammed, is it worth the risk?

Posts: 302 | Thanked: 193 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ England
I think you won't ever see your money again.

I don't have much else to say actually.

Banned | Posts: 695 | Thanked: 308 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ originally pakistan ,now in china
somebody said some where ,Whenever I found out anything remarkable, I have thought it my duty to put down my discovery on paper, so that all ingenious people might be informed thereof !but here,really i dont see the point in being curious,it will be revealed when it had to .i ll better go with what i have right now.N900 ))

Posts: 401 | Thanked: 724 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Italy
From description:
"Once again this is a pre-order I am taking for the device and your phone will be sent to you by 29th of August 2011"

Donate link

Posts: 149 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Florida
The N950 is not given to developers, its loaned to them.
If anyone sells one, I'm pretty sure Nokia (and their lawyers) would have something to say about it:

The Following User Says Thank You to glabifrons For This Useful Post:
Posts: 149 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Florida
Originally Posted by realsportcars View Post
From description:
"Once again this is a pre-order I am taking for the device and your phone will be sent to you by 29th of August 2011"
Undoubtedly because it puts the date at which you'd know to complain past paypal's "you're screwed" date.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to glabifrons For This Useful Post:
Posts: 206 | Thanked: 205 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ London
I guess I was being way too optimistic. Ah well will wait for the N9 then!

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ vancouver washington usa
Previous items sold do not include any phones, just video game stuff. He has however purchased a couple housings for an n900 one gold and one white.

Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
hmm, about everything sellers sells are Pre-Order.......

Im thinking that this seller would magically disappear around august....

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 844 | Thanked: 521 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ UK southampton
Originally Posted by realsportcars View Post
From description:
Also
"This is a worldwide offer and I will guarantee free delivery of this phone anywhere in the world by the 19th of September or your money back"

By then its bye bye cash. Paypal won't touch it with a brick after soo long and you should not either!

Tags
donotbuy, it's a trap!, odalay!, scam!