Active Topics

Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
I also made a report to EBAY, not that they usually care in my experience.

The Following User Says Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by casper27 View Post
I know its a scam but
"I have a business verified PayPal account, with all limits lifted. This is the most vigorous verification PayPal does and I have passed it and all its security checks. So rest assured, you are dealing with a legitimate businessman. If after this you still have concerns, just send me a message and I will be happy to address your issues within the hour."
Business verification is not easy and holds certain gurentees in addition to normal account you have to provide:-
Supplier invoices.
Photo ID.
Proof of address
When your business turnover increases.
Still a scam but a very ilaborate one.
Is he just saying all that to you or have you verified his paypal status and what it really means, etc?

Cause if he's just saying that, then I also am on the similar paypal tier as him and I DO have an n950 to sell you.

Just sayin'
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following User Says Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
The only doubt i can have is that he is registered at 2005, that a long time to build up a scam.....

And for the record, if i had the money, i would not buy it like this, toooo risky......

And as far as i know only developers can get it... maybe nokia will investigate....

Posts: 500 | Thanked: 437 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Oklahoma
Per eBay rules, these listings violate policy.

"If you want to sell presale items, be sure to meet all of the following criteria:

Guarantee that the item will be available for shipping within 30 days from the purchase date. Be sure to clearly state this information in your listing."
http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/pre-sale.html

The ship date is way too far out from the purchase date.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tzsm98 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 844 | Thanked: 521 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ UK southampton
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
Is he just saying all that to you or have you verified his paypal status and what it really means, etc?

Cause if he's just saying that, then I also am on the similar paypal tier as him and I DO have an n950 to sell you.

Just sayin'
But you don't claim to have more than 10 available for sale.

Bottom line is if he has "sold" 13 of these things, as claimed, then he's made €4450 already. It's easy to create a fake feedback report too.
Got a bunch of mates, relatives, family pets etc to make false purchases, say they are happy with the end result......... Robert's your fathers brother, he's a highly trustrd dealer.
Google his name and you'll find he's sold other things totally unrelated.

I did report someone last year for listing "Genuine N900" mobile phones (the Chinese one's I must add) He'd evev listed the specs of the genuine N900 but added dual sim capabilityy

Sad fact is, despite everyones best efforts there's still a few spineless individuals out there that still try it on.

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
Often an old and reputable ebay acct is compromised due to weak/reused password or phishing scam. Then the bad guys puts some ridiculous auctions with high price itmes like phones and laptops, to generate $1000's in a few days, and off they go to their next hacked account.

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
What a bargain, Ima get 2 of each !!

that guy has same title and description for any phone

I ordered one of these yesterday then after reading these forums decided it was a bad idea. I emailed the guy a lot of questions before purchasing and he seemed genuine, I found the phone when looking for an N9 I found this website http://www.gomonews.com/ebayer-comes...go-developers/, then finding he had N950s.

In the end I asked for and have received a refund, the clincher for me was the timings re: the paypal/ebay rules on dates and the fact it seems devs only get a loan of an N950?

Perhaps if it is a scam he would not have so easily refunded the money, or perhaps it was easier for him to keep me sweet as I would have raised a dispute.

Tags
donotbuy, it's a trap!, odalay!, scam!