Active Topics

Wonder if he's the same guy that had all those listings that said "Free iPhone; N95; N96; etc etc etc...... for £3:00+ £5:00 shipping costs"

If you didn't read the extended description you were totally oblivious to the fact that you were gonna get a sheet of paper with an advert telling you how to get an O2, Vodafone, Orange or other network's contract offer.
Know quite a few people that fell for them.

He's doing well though, 20 peeps on his wishlist so far.
We're looking at a potential 19 "possibly 20" people that are going to be sorry they went on ebay after a skinfull.

The Following User Says Thank You to stickymick For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
Originally Posted by asadkhan1988 View Post
the way i feel is as follows;

if you, as an individual, feel that this is a scam, simply do not participate in it.

follow your instincts, no need to be gossip girls.

i, for one, bought one. the exposure is minimal at 350e and the deadline is august 29th.

we will see how it goes
this guy is probably the seller

---

Originally Posted by Jacobi View Post
I ordered one of these yesterday then after reading these forums decided it was a bad idea. I emailed the guy a lot of questions before purchasing and he seemed genuine, I found the phone when looking for an N9 I found this website http://www.gomonews.com/ebayer-comes...go-developers/, then finding he had N950s.

In the end I asked for and have received a refund, the clincher for me was the timings re: the paypal/ebay rules on dates and the fact it seems devs only get a loan of an N950?

Perhaps if it is a scam he would not have so easily refunded the money, or perhaps it was easier for him to keep me sweet as I would have raised a dispute.
so you got ur money back ??

Yes, thankfully - took a few hours but the guy did not argue over it at all. Mixed feelings today, gutted to have potentially missed out on an N950, but would have been a lot more gutted to have lost 300gbp.

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate

Posts: 171 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bristol, uk
below my question to this seller and his response:

> Dear fawadtariq,
>
> Nokia have said this phone is only released as a developer phone and
> will not retail publically and will only be available to N9 developers
> as part of a developemnt kit as a loan phone so how comes you have it
> for sale?

> Dear zailmc,
>
> Hi,
>
> I am a developer and I work for Accenture. We are getting some 200+
> phones for our internal testing and developement department, we will be
> testing and developing for Nokia.
>
> I am selling some of these devices to
> generate demand and hopefully convince Nokia to make this device
> available* to consumers
>
> -fawadtariq

Posts: 66 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Brighton
I'd pay more than that for an N950, but unfortunately it seems to be an obvious scam. One way to check for sure is to call up Accenture and ask if they've got a guy working there by that name - but I don't think it's worth it. This has all the hallmarks of an eBay scam as it is.

Anyone wanna sell me a N950? I don't care about the legality of it - Nokia's lawyers can pry it out of my cold, dead hands

Originally Posted by Darkshine View Post
I'd pay more than that for an N950, but unfortunately it seems to be an obvious scam. One way to check for sure is to call up Accenture and ask if they've got a guy working there by that name - but I don't think it's worth it. This has all the hallmarks of an eBay scam as it is.

Anyone wanna sell me a N950? I don't care about the legality of it - Nokia's lawyers can pry it out of my cold, dead hands
I strongly doubt, we would be allowed to sell those devices we get from Nokia...

But it's very likely we get those devices. Maybe I have to call somebody on Monday and see if I can receive one...

Last edited by marrat; 2011-07-04 at 07:16.

Both the auctions for the Nokia N9 and Nokia N950 are no longer available, I also asked the seller a similar question and received the following answer:

Code:
Hi,

I work for Accenture and we are getting some 200+ of these devices straight from Nokia as part of our recent venture with them, this will be for our internal testing and developement department.

I am selling close to 50 of these devices on their behalf, to generate demand and to hopefully convince Nokia to publicly release this device in future with full Meego/Harmattan support

Regards,

Posts: 844 | Thanked: 521 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ UK southampton
From Accenture web page
"The company generated net revenues of US$21.6 billion for the fiscal year ended Aug. 31, 2010"
I don't think this type of company would bother selling off these devices. Even if the guy works for them, they probably don't belong to him. So why would a multi billion pound company get some guy with 80 something feedback to sell them on E-Bay for them???

The Following User Says Thank You to casper27 For This Useful Post:

Dinnae be a puff, this looks legit.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:

Tags
donotbuy, it's a trap!, odalay!, scam!