Active Topics

I assure you sunshine, it is. You cleary either don't have dev repo enabled or your an apt-get update short a package manager.

If it would help maybe we should choose a day for us all to donate so this project gets more momentum. It's definitely one of the best apps created for the n900 and I am sure we all want to contribute to get it even better.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rootage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 317 | Thanked: 787 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Krakow, Poland
Great news everyone!

I finally have some time for CloudGPS and development is progressing nicely. I plan to add a few features before the MCC2011 deadline and submit CloudGPS for competition.

Following features are planned for competition:
- searching with smooth flyby from current view to search results,
- favourites (POI) database, probably compatible with modRana,
- an arrow on edge of screen indicating direction to current GPS position when it is outside screen (plus distance measure),
- map scale,
- more improvements in tile engine including active download cancelling for even better performance,
- basic routing - calculate and display route, turn by turn directions (50% chance that this will come before dealine).

Version 0.4.X is planned to be released in the last week of May.

The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to dwaradzyn For This Useful Post:
A little teaser:

Version 0.4.X will be released around 30th May and will include some of previously mentioned features and additionally will have support for quad key based tile URLs. This will enable more maps to work with CloudGPS including (but not limited to): Virtual Earth (Maps, Satellite, Hybrid) and UK OS maps.

The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to dwaradzyn For This Useful Post:
Great news.
This is a program that I'm really missing on N900.
Will it be capable of searching places or street names only?

Originally Posted by hardkorek View Post
Great news.
This is a program that I'm really missing on N900.
Will it be capable of searching places or street names only?
Right now only CloudMade geocoding is implemented. I plan to add Google local search this week.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dwaradzyn For This Useful Post:
HOLY ****. This is the best/smoothest map application on the n900 and if it supports uk OS maps...

DONATED.

Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
HOLY ****. This is the best/smoothest map application on the n900 and if it supports uk OS maps...

DONATED.
Thank you very much! The very first donation after 100k+ downloads of CloudGPS and a very generous one

Originally Posted by dwaradzyn View Post
Thank you very much! The very first donation after 100k+ downloads of CloudGPS and a very generous one
You my friend have earned it 100k+ times over, I just wish I had more to give.

I have received second donation from another user - thank you very much

Tags
best gps app