Posts: 415 | Thanked: 161 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ San Francisco, CA
I'll apologize in advance this post is more of a rant than anything else. The messages app is so buggy I'm ****ing disgusted! Almost every single time I open it the messages take like 15 seconds to load and until it loads it says there are NO messages! Also 1/5 of my messages sent causes an error where all it ever displays for the status is 'Sending | Mobile' until the end of time it will NEVER tell me if or when the message was sent! This app is the buggiest piece of garbage ever put into a Nokia device. Are others experiencing the same problems as me? I really hope that if there is a CSSU it can fix these simple and annoying bugs. I hope my expecations of a perfectly bug free Messages app aren't too unreasonable.

Last edited by automagic68; 2012-08-14 at 23:09.

I've got over 5000 smses on my N9 and have no issues with it. Try reflashing?

Posts: 314 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Bratislava, Slovakia
Originally Posted by automagic68 View Post
I'll apologize in advance this post is more of a rant than anything else. The messages app is so buggy I'm ****ing disgusted! Almost every single time I open it the messages take like 15 seconds to load and until it loads it says there are NO messages! Also 1/5 of my messages sent cuases an error where all it ever displays for the status is 'Sending | Mobile' until the end of time it will NEVER tell me if or when the message was sent! This app is the buggiest piece of garbage ever put into a Nokia device. Are others experiencing the same problems as me? I really hope that if there is a CSSU it can fix these simple and annoying bugs. I hope my expecations of a perfectly bug free Messages app aren't too unreasonable.
nothing like that on my N9 either...opening takes a second at most...looks like it's time for some flashing...

Hard reset or flash. Mine definitely doesn't act like that.

Posts: 426 | Thanked: 374 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Middle East
Issue is due to messed up tracker. FasterN9 is currently the prime suspect.

Portfolio: AKstudios : : graphics with attitude.
Flickr: AKstudios
Twitter: @flopjoke

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Pakistan
i do face issue when sometime it doesnot shows up messages when i open the app. Soft reset does the work for me..
your issue seems far more complicated and a hardrl reser or flash will surely help..

Me too, no issues. I have had conversations saved for months with who knows how many hundreds of texts and when I remember I erase conversations as a precautionary measure just in case, but right now no complaints. I do not have faster N9 installed if this helps. Never tried it.

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 161 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ San Francisco, CA
Should replacing the operating system be enough?