Active Topics

Notices

Here you go guys. this is a quick fix until some one hopefully developes similiar apps for the n900.
And again these are all free.

Because the n900 is such a powerful device, i was able to come up with a way to utitlize the tablet to its max. Its the reason why i bought it because i knew it had potential. Yes the n900 can do video editing and photo editing aswell. I love the sketch app but i hate that i cannot import images and draw on them! I mainly bought this phone for its camera and i have no complaints. The camera is perfect. I do wish the video recorder had video light. ANYWAY, these are all web based but work really well...

Photoshop (kind of):

*You select the tools in normal mode, but you must use hover mode (the mouse curser) to use the tools and use the menu on top such as file, edit, view, layers, etc.

Sumopaint.com

give it a minute to load. Go on wifi or 3g until it loads then turn off your fast internet connection to save battery (easily done with the "3g/2g selection applet" thats in the extras devel). And after it loads and/or when your done using it, just leave open in the multitask window, dont close it. That way you can come back to it later to edit more pics.

You an upload your own pics (in hover mode, point the mouse cursor to "file" then "import from computer"). It has save as, export, it has layers, special effects (blurs, glows, sharpeners, zoom blurs, you name it) paint brushes, pencil tools, crop tools, eraser, the whole nine yards.
And best of all it works pretty quick.

Video editing:

There are many different ones online where you can upload video files from your computer (the n900 duh!). How ever there is one that one verygood and quick:

Jaycut.com

give it a minute to load. Go on wifi or 3g until it loads then turn off your fast internet connection to save battery (easily done with the "3g/2g selection applet" thats in the extras devel). Uuse the fast connections to upload your videos. And after it loads and/or when your done using it, just leave open in the multitask window, dont close it. That way you can come back to it later to edit more videos.
upload from your phone, add transitions effects, etc. They support MANY formats and export to MANY formats as well. remember to use hover mode. Also, since this website deals with videos, remember to be patient and appreciate the n900's mobile power.

FUN photo editor (superimpositions, funny effect, animations)

This last photo editor is awesome and my favorite. Wanna make an animated gif or avatar? Superimpose your picture on the jokers card from batman begins (like i did?)? Got a picture of your wife, daughter or son that u wanna frame digitally? This is the place!

http://services.pho.to/

Again, switch to the fast connections when uploading 5 mp pics.
You can upload from your face book or twatter...i mean twitter account. You can also add full effects like cartoon, soloraize, emboss, etc. Then when you are done uyou can share them through facebook and such or download it.

This site most works in normal mode. I dont remember using hover mode alot unless its to adjust the pictures on the canvas.

So there you go guys. Again this is a quick fix until some one hopefully developes similiar apps for the n900.
And again these are all free sites! No registrations or downloads required! Enjoy!

and yes...i posted this thread all on my n900 :P

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to QbAnYtO For This Useful Post: