Posts: 455 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Oregon, USA
There are many bug fixes in this fabled PR1.2, some of which were closed in the bug tracker 2-3months ago.

There is one bug in particular that has me ready to throw my N900 into the ocean. This one.
Please note how it was marked fixed on 2/23. This particular bug affects me EVERY DAY. That means, I waste a few minutes every day trying to find the correct combination of actions to set the device straight, or waiting minutes for a reboot. If I take a call while in my car and the device is mounted, there's a 60% chance it'll exhibit this bug when I end the call. That means I lose navigation (Ovi maps) if I have to reboot.

There are several smaller bugs that I put up with on a constant basis that have been flagged as fixed months ago in 1.2. If this community is made up of power users, why do we put up with Nokia's current update model? Why can we not have a regular stream of package updates as bugs are fixed/validated? I understand that some major changes require application changes,etc. But the vast majority of these minor bug fixed affect the proprietary Nokia apps that no one is depending on for their applications..

The Following User Says Thank You to craftyguy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
rt(f)m

https://bugs.maemo.org/page.cgi?id=fields.html#status
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
rt(f)m

https://bugs.maemo.org/page.cgi?id=fields.html#status
RTFA (my article, right above your post..)

I know what 'fixed' means. If you had clicked on the bug I referenced, you would clearly see that. Your post did absolutely nothing to address any of my questions. Nice work.

My point is that issues are being fixed every day by Nokia (and I really give them props for that), but we (the end-user, why don't you look that one up to?) have to wait months before we see these fixes, and have to put up with some really annoying bugs that affect the functionality of the device.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to craftyguy For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I feckhen hated my 5110.

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Feel free to add your vote to the undelayed fix brainstorm. We all want it.

ETA: If it's that bad, move the damned phone to the other way around. I have never had that bug happen, ever. It's not a fix, but come on, at least no boot every call.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

Last edited by ndi; 2010-05-02 at 18:15.

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by craftyguy View Post
RTFA (my article, right above your post..)

I know what 'fixed' means. If you had clicked on the bug I referenced, you would clearly see that. Your post did absolutely nothing to address any of my questions. Nice work.

My point is that issues are being fixed every day by Nokia (and I really give them props for that), but we (the end-user, why don't you look that one up to?) have to wait months before we see these fixes, and have to put up with some really annoying bugs that affect the functionality of the device.
why didn't you say that in the first place?!? there is no clear red line in your rant so no idea what the point was there.
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
why didn't you say that in the first place?!? there is no clear red line in your rant so no idea what the point was there.
See 2nd paragraph of the OP.

Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
The very first (big) update fixed this for me. Have you tried doing a factory reset? I suppose now its easier than ever with the option to flash the device in the menus... if you're brave enough!