Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Fellfrosch View Post
I can't ssh in my Jolla. Every time I try: Access denied.
Has anybody else this problem?
I have you enabled the Developer mode and Remote connect and set a password? Also is your Jolla in a network that allows incoming TCP connections from other networks/hosts?

And are you using right username for SSH connection: nemo

The Following User Says Thank You to att For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by strongm View Post
How does this affect the SD card, which JollaHQ is advising be formatted a FAT32 on Twitter?
It is auxiliary storage that doesn't have all the features of native filesystem. Jolla doesn't have to implement features like Reset to factory settings for the microSD card.

Many of the problems are still there (FAT or not) if Jolla would want to support hotswapping microSD cards or want to export the microSD card as USB mass storage (without some kind of FAT virtualization).

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Is Gradius available for jolla and does Type: up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A work?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Originally Posted by Makeclick View Post
Actually, Ubuntu 12.04 32bit USB mass storage working with Jolla
Jolla doesn't support the USB mass storage so if it is working with Ubuntu 12.04 then 12.04 is using MTP for it.

Originally Posted by Makeclick View Post
But Ubuntu 13.10 64bit not so lucky. Error: "Kaikkea kohteen ”Sailfish” sisältöä ei voitu näyttää: Kansioluetteloa ei saatu: -1: Unspecified error" (sorry only for Finnish)
I'm getting the some error message for Fedora release 19 but in English: "This location could not be displayed. Sorry, could not display all the contents of "Sailfish": Failed to get folder list: -1: Unspecified error"

Posts: 455 | Thanked: 782 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
ok, fruit ninja not really playable as sooner or later you will swipe out of it (not a game killer as it pauses, but is an example where native Jolla swipes impact android experience.
This could be easily and elegantly solved by adding 'swipe lock' virtual button to other Android virtual buttons. You cannot expect Android devs to add some special call to their apps just in case it gets used on a Sailfish device so a global solution for any Android app that might require swiping should be preferred.

A more complicated solution could be a special menu button or a special 'Android app manager' app that would allow you to set default behavior for each Android app installed - this could include not just 'swipe lock' but also full screen settings (i.e. no Android virtual buttons at all), privacy/security settings, etc.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zwer For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Watchmaker View Post
Just a little question that came to me a couple of seconds ago: is there a way to have a terminal app without having to enable full developer mode? I'd like to have it at hand should I need to type a quick command in a terminal (I'm used to do that on my linux pc, if needed) but I don't have any programming skill so I wouldn't need to fully root my device, on the contrary, I'd like to avoid doing that without actually needing it. Is there a terminal app in Harbour?
Just enable Developer mode but disable Remote connections. In this setup you cannot use devel-su command (or connect remotely), so all the commands you give on the Terminal app are executing as "nemo" user, not as "root" user.

In Jolla Store app there isn't any terminal app available, at least currently.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to att For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
I've seen FAT brought up a few times, but I wonder if Jolla is wise to avoid it since that's one of the Microsoft patents that they used against Android - though that might be finally coming to an end.
Jolla does support FAT. It can mount microSD cards formatted with FAT. It used vfat kernel driver for it. Jolla doesn't support exFAT so microSDXC cards don't work out-of-box on Jolla. You have to format those cards to use some other filesystem like ext4 to use them with Jolla.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to att For This Useful Post:
Posts: 10 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Finland
Does the Jolla phone support 64GB microSD cards? Preferably with some functional filesystem such as ext3/4.

My N900 had 32GB of storage, and my N9 has 64GB. Downgrading would suck.

The Following User Says Thank You to Iipe For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
Trying to copy 4.9 GB 1080p video failed with 'larger than device limit' message.
This might be the limitation of MTP protocol. I went quickly through some documentation and Android MTP server code. It seems that file size is 32bit signed field in MTP. Android MTP server did contain some code that would set file size to 0xFFFFFFFF when the file is actually bigger and then ignoring the file size when sending object if it is set to 0xFFFFFFFF.

Originally Posted by Iipe View Post
Does the Jolla phone support 64GB microSD cards? Preferably with some functional filesystem such as ext3/4.

My N900 had 32GB of storage, and my N9 has 64GB. Downgrading would suck.
See the previous post

64GB microSD cards are actually SDXC cards so they require reformatting to use some other filesystem than exFAT. If I remember correctly some people in this thread have reported that SDXC cards formatted with ext4 work with Jolla.

Tags
jolla, review, sailfish, the other half, user experience