Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
I find real world use render times to be roughly same with Firefox and Sailfish browser. Close enough that definite comparison would require too much effort for me to care.Not really suprising considering that both are (AFIK) Gecko based.

The main problems with Sailfish browser are lack of landscape, oversimplifield handling of 'extra functionality' (history, boolmarks, etc) and buggy clicking.

The last one got helluva lot better after last update, but the last time I tried there were still moments when I was left cliking a link without any effect. It's extremly annoying when it happens and the only cure seems to be to close the browser and reload it.

Last edited by Rauha; 2013-12-13 at 20:54.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
Someone apparently installed some Android launcher:

should be chrome vs sailfish

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by MisterMaster View Post
Yes, you can. It's just another Android app. But the Home button (which Home button?) won't take you back to it. So what's the point of running an Android launcher on Sailfish, except maybe for running widgets?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 586 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Fuzzillogic View Post
And Bluetooth is too slow for large transfers, and SFTP doesn't win speed races too.

I'd really like to see USB mass storage support too. Currently I sync my music using Unison between my N9 and office machine. Granted, with a bit of hacking, you might be able to use Unison and SSH to connect over USB/RNDIS to the device, but simply hooking up by mass storage is faster and easier.

It surprised me Jolla left USB mass storage out. I really hope they will reconsider.
Actually, Ubuntu 12.04 32bit USB mass storage working with Jolla

But Ubuntu 13.10 64bit not so lucky. Error: "Kaikkea kohteen ”Sailfish” sisältöä ei voitu näyttää: Kansioluetteloa ei saatu: -1: Unspecified error" (sorry only for Finnish)

Posts: 292 | Thanked: 294 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Milan, Italy
Just a little question that came to me a couple of seconds ago: is there a way to have a terminal app without having to enable full developer mode? I'd like to have it at hand should I need to type a quick command in a terminal (I'm used to do that on my linux pc, if needed) but I don't have any programming skill so I wouldn't need to fully root my device, on the contrary, I'd like to avoid doing that without actually needing it. Is there a terminal app in Harbour?

EDIT: Just to clarify, I don't have my Jolla yet, or I would check this by myself

Last edited by Watchmaker; 2013-12-13 at 23:04.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Watchmaker For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Makeclick View Post
Actually, Ubuntu 12.04 32bit USB mass storage working with Jolla

But Ubuntu 13.10 64bit not so lucky. Error: "Kaikkea kohteen ”Sailfish” sisältöä ei voitu näyttää: Kansioluetteloa ei saatu: -1: Unspecified error" (sorry only for Finnish)
Well, maybe there *is* a reason why mtp drivers are not accepted into all Debian releases...

Posts: 1,070 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by sconf View Post
-email address I wish to use in outgoing email "from" and "reply-to" field
Yes, that's exactly what is missing in our current settings

The Following User Says Thank You to VDVsx For This Useful Post:
Posts: 479 | Thanked: 1,284 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Enschede, The Netherlands
Originally Posted by MisterMaster View Post

http://kuvaton.com/k/Y5tf.png
He installed an interesting ambiance as well

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzillogic For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Watchmaker View Post
Just a little question that came to me a couple of seconds ago: is there a way to have a terminal app without having to enable full developer mode? I'd like to have it at hand should I need to type a quick command in a terminal (I'm used to do that on my linux pc, if needed) but I don't have any programming skill so I wouldn't need to fully root my device, on the contrary, I'd like to avoid doing that without actually needing it. Is there a terminal app in Harbour?

EDIT: Just to clarify, I don't have my Jolla yet, or I would check this by myself
If you get the rpm for fingerterm somewhere I can try to install it before activating developer mode, curious as well

Is there extras-devel for sailfish somewhere (with build-essentials?) or the shop is the only repo?

The Following User Says Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla, review, sailfish, the other half, user experience