Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Anyone done this i.e. applied all kinds of hacks/mods/twks to make it optimal for a device that stays in the car?
If any of you can explain some (or all) of the things that you've tried, it'd be very much appreciated?!
One thing that comes to mind for me...
Is to use N9Qtweak to apply the traffic & day/night tweaks to Drive, but surely there's MANY other things.

Thank-you.

Last edited by jalyst; 2014-09-12 at 06:17.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
Haven't done this either, but have grossed my mind couple of times. Among traffic tweaks was also thinking about using Profilematic to enable powersaver and Traffic application based on whether car charger connected or not.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Boxeri For This Useful Post:
Posts: 290 | Thanked: 385 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Madrid, Spain
Hi.
I have an NFC sticker in my car associated with a Profilematic profile.
Whenever I get into the car this profile connects to the car's bluetooth, disconnects data connection (to avoid distractions with whatsup) and turns on power saving mode. It used to start the app incarhome, but now I prefer to start it on demand only when I'm going to use Nokia Drive.

When I leave the car all this changes are reversed, of course.

Regards.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to pasko For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pasko View Post
Hi.
I have an NFC sticker in my car associated with a Profilematic profile.
thanks for the tip! https://openrepos.net/content/ajalkane/profilematic

The Following User Says Thank You to bng For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Keep em coming please folks.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
the reason i made n9-button-monitor was to start/stop music and skip songs without looking while driving.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wolke For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pasko View Post
It used to start the app incarhome, but now I prefer to start it on demand only when I'm going to use Nokia Drive.
out of curiousity, why is this? i would think that ICHS would be useless without auto-auto-switching. do you find yourself wanting to do more while driving (!), or perhaps you are occasionally in the passenger seat and need to disable it, or maybe you dont like some of the things ICHS does like music player?

i ask because i wondered why anyone would use ICHS in the first place, until i read your cute NFC trick and was jealous. {also, notes? camera? why are these 'in-car' apps? why not messaging+fbreader?}

The Following User Says Thank You to wolke For This Useful Post:
Posts: 290 | Thanked: 385 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Madrid, Spain
Originally Posted by wolke View Post
out of curiousity, why is this? i would think that ICHS would be useless without auto-auto-switching. do you find yourself wanting to do more while driving (!), or perhaps you are occasionally in the passenger seat and need to disable it, or maybe you dont like some of the things ICHS does like music player?

i ask because i wondered why anyone would use ICHS in the first place, until i read your cute NFC trick and was jealous. {also, notes? camera? why are these 'in-car' apps? why not messaging+fbreader?}
Hi.
Well, I only mount the phone in the craddle if I need Nokia drive & maps, but most of the times I don't need it and the phone is resting somewhere else.... and since I don't have to watch/manipulate the phone I don't start ICHS at all.
Regards.

The Following User Says Thank You to pasko For This Useful Post:

Tags
car steering, nokia n9