Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Originally Posted by ankurs
if you watch the video closely, he says the UI will be reused .... aka will see wp7 with n9 UI sometime in future

Of course Microsoft has not invented anything themselves they always copy :@
It will not be reused, it will live on. Live is not to be contained, it may show up everywhere.
Elop: ”the point is that the user interface of the N9 will live on…” ~Titanic theme playing~

Originally Posted by MoJo View Post
Calm down guys, they did this for a reason. The similarities between Stingray and the N9 aesthetically is to obviously cut down in production costs ... the same reason why Palm and HP have been throwing that beautiful OS into the same hardware form factor with incremental updates.
For a reason, sure. Maybe the similarities in design are meant for the short lived N9 never do be recognizable on the street!
Unlike with the N900 you will not get any “what is that you are holding” question? (Ironically, even in Nokia sales points I have received this question 2 times)
Everybody will assume your N9 generic –a-child-can-design-it-if-somebody-cramps-the-transistors-in-it-flat-square is just a WP7.
Elop: “the point is that the beautiful industrial design of the N9 will live on….”

Originally Posted by Guyver View Post
This is exactly what i was thinking. The window 8 demo had the similar swiping through the different multitasking application .
This was inevitable. In fact I was already waiting for the painful moment where the MeeGo or Maemo 5 user interface would be introduced by S. Jobs as Apple engineered a revolutionary new way to…
But Microsoft doing through placing their mole inside of Nokia saves them the cost of acquisition or law suites. (Skype and Hotmail, Navision will live on but have cost them)

The Following User Says Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
N9 running MeeGo, N9 running Windows phone and Now dadadada.....Wait for it N9 running Android
http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/24/n...ions-revealed/

Ag-a-doo-doo-doo, push pineapple, shake the tree
Aga-doo-doo-doo, push pineapple, grind coffee
To the left, to the right, jump up and down and to the knees

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POv-3yIPSWc

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NvyUs For This Useful Post:
I don't know why but i have more negative feelings towards the Android one then the Windows one

Posts: 723 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Kuching:Malaysia
Originally Posted by NvyUs View Post
N9 running MeeGo, N9 running Windows phone and Now dadadada.....Wait for it N9 running Android
http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/24/n...ions-revealed/
clearly a fake N9 my friends...we can see at the second picture (upperside on the left) it marks as C0 not N9...

Posts: 213 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Rota Land
Originally Posted by pusak gaoq View Post
clearly a fake N9 my friends...we can see at the second picture (upperside on the left) it marks as C0 not N9...
isn't the dev/prototype marked as C0? im sure i've seen that one in one or two pictures. *shrugs*

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to riceboy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
Originally Posted by pusak gaoq View Post
Most Nokia prototypes are marked C0 even if they are N,X, E series. There is zero evidence to say its fake

Ag-a-doo-doo-doo, push pineapple, shake the tree
Aga-doo-doo-doo, push pineapple, grind coffee
To the left, to the right, jump up and down and to the knees

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POv-3yIPSWc

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NvyUs For This Useful Post:
Actually when i first saw it i thought it was fake, but after i saw the C0 i started thinking it could be real.
But really i'm not surprised at all that they would have Android running on some hw in the labs..... doesn't really mean anything.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Well, that's proof positive that they had at least tested the viability of Android.

Now I'm wondering why they went WP7 over Android and are choosing to ignore Maemo/Harmattan/MeeGo.

There's something to that last part none of us know that extends past the whole "Elop's worshipping his Microsoft lord and masters" stuff floating around.

Posts: 76 | Thanked: 87 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Scotland
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Well, that's proof positive that they had at least tested the viability of Android.

Now I'm wondering why they went WP7 over Android and are choosing to ignore Maemo/Harmattan/MeeGo.

There's something to that last part none of us know that extends past the whole "Elop's worshipping his Microsoft lord and masters" stuff floating around.
He was and remains to be a major Microsoft shareholder.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by ScottishDuck View Post
He was and remains to be a major Microsoft shareholder.
SEC still is the reason why he can't sell/dump his MS stocks.

He also owns a lot of Adobe stock too.