Posts: 46 | Thanked: 131 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Russia, Moscow area
artpra, there is already some thread here. Maybe better continue those thread? Or new thread is better?

The Following User Says Thank You to raandoom For This Useful Post:
Well, it`s not about some method to change boot logo (using shell script or flasher on PC or hexediting files) but about new N900 application, capable of changing mentioned logo and about getting feedback.
I say new thread.

The Following User Says Thank You to artpra For This Useful Post:
@raandoom: Can you release source code of logo compress?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Ideally also source code of DEB package in... http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...1&postcount=55

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xes For This Useful Post:
Sorry, i found email about this post just now.
pali, i have some refactored version of N900-bootlogo-changer, but not commited. I have refactored UI part. If you need it i will try to commit it ASAP.
P.S. Those apps for N900 was my first expierence with C/C++ and all code can be better Sorry beforehand if you find some dirty code.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to raandoom For This Useful Post:
Posts: 196 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Dear Randoom,

Thanks for your application it is really really helpful, I used to change Logos before but I forgot how and am trying to change the Logo as per you instruction and adding my touch.

My problem is whenever I create an image I can not change process it because of the size and RGB color error.

Can you help me with this matter how to reach the size in bytes 6646 or less.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/8sdkc...itmap.bmp/file

Can you helo me with this image PLEASE

salahkhani, hello, at first, your image has a lot of gradient around letters, you can reduce compressed size with more sharpness. NOLO uses RLE comressing for image, row by row, read about RLE and you will understand tricks for reducing compressed size. The main thing here is long series of pixels with the same color, you need to try it

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to raandoom For This Useful Post:
Posts: 196 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Originally Posted by raandoom View Post
salahkhani, hello, at first, your image has a lot of gradient around letters, you can reduce compressed size with more sharpness. NOLO uses RLE comressing for image, row by row, read about RLE and you will understand tricks for reducing compressed size. The main thing here is long series of pixels with the same color, you need to try it
Thanks for your reply, I did it long time and forgot how, the image was not clear and that day around 2013 as I presume I was using Windows. Since 2016 I completely shifted to Linux and Ubuntu Mate till today, I find a little difficult in doing it in Linux rather than Windows. I will try and inform you about my progress.

Thanks again.

P.S: In case I could manage it, Can you please do it for me

Tags
nolo bootloader, patch