I have had my N810 for just over a week now and it has started to get slow and erratic in its use.

Memory is not that bad with 85MB on the Device and 1.85 on the Internal Mem Card.

Google Mail via the browser is really slow and sometimes won't show (although that may be me getting bored :-) )

Other websites suffer the same issues but not all.

Email sometimes gets stuck on retrieve

Media Player will not play GeekBrief podshows that well, audio is OK but video is very jumpy.

Erminig will not do anything other than not respond after 5 minutes.

OMWeather was not updating at all

I am on the very latest version of the OS inc. the update last night. Broadband connection is fine on all the other machines in the house, inc. devices such as iPod touch (the N810 was meant to replace this :-( ).

Does any one have any ideas?

Did you try rebooting?

If you mean turning off and back on (not sure if there is non volatile memory that keeps data alive) then yes I did.

sounds like you might be running too many things at once - even the status bar clock uses cpu time.

Thanks for your help turns out it was my BB router, last place I would look really as all the sites I couldn't get to on my N810 I could with PC's and my Touch and I could access other sites through my N810 without issues. Not sure why it would make Media Player erratic as well?

Anyway I am happy again :-)

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
What *exactly* was the issue with the router?

I don't know! It was working fine as far as the rest of the network was concerned, this is a mixture of PC's, laptop, iPod Touch and 3 VOIP phones. Like I said, Icould vist some sites without any problems i.e. Google Search, Nokia's N810 web page and others. But certain sites, such as GMail, GReader and Email via the client froze or were unresponsive (this was after the recent OS Patch). I rebooted the router and all the sites started to work. The strange one was why the Media Player was having issues as this had no contact to the Web?