Active Topics

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Please pardon a silly question - where can I get qmake from to build Qt packages on-device? Or is there no such thing and everything is QML now? That would be most unfortunate, to have to have two separate code bases for the N900 and Jolla.

Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Please pardon a silly question - where can I get qmake from to build Qt packages on-device? Or is there no such thing and everything is QML now? That would be most unfortunate, to have to have two separate code bases for the N900 and Jolla.
Best way is to use chroot:
https://together.jolla.com/question/...building-apps/
This will allow you to install all those phone breaking mesa-llvmpipe-EGL*-devel packages, so you can have whole QtCreator on the phone
edit: for qmake alone you can install qt5-qmake (on my phone it is qt5-qmake-5.1.0+git37-1.15.2.armv7hl), but as soon as the app you try to compile uses QtGUI it will cry that you need libGL/EGL/...-devel and those are provided by the mesa-llvmpipe-... packages which conflict with the ones on the phone. They install nicely in chroot though

Last edited by szopin; 2014-11-17 at 17:24.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 433 | Thanked: 727 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Costa Blanca, España
Hi,
under Sailfish OS 1.1.4.24 (Äijäpäivänjärvi), the icon that's created after installing htop, now actually works and does launch htop!
Regards,

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Markkyboy For This Useful Post:
I just tried to compile taskwarrior on my Jolla but it complains that gcc++11 is needed. gcc++ on jolla seems outdated. What can I do?

Originally Posted by borghal View Post
I just tried to compile taskwarrior on my Jolla but it complains that gcc++11 is needed. gcc++ on jolla seems outdated. What can I do?
I asure you. It can be done.

Code:
nemo@Jolla SPECS]$ task add Create rpm-package of taskwarrior due:friday
Created task 1.
[nemo@Jolla SPECS]$ task list

ID Project Pri Due       Active Age Description        1             4/24/2015         7s Create rpm-package                                    of taskwarrior    
1 task
[nemo@Jolla SPECS]$ task 1 done
Completed task 1 'Create rpm-package of taskwarrior'.
Completed 1 task.
[nemo@Jolla SPECS]$ task list
No matches.
[nemo@Jolla SPECS]$

The Following User Says Thank You to nieldk For This Useful Post:
That's cool! Care to enlighten me how you did it or share the rpm once your task is completed?

Originally Posted by borghal View Post
That's cool! Care to enlighten me how you did it or share the rpm once your task is completed?
Of course. I have uploaded, and build on merproject:

https://build.merproject.org/package...en/taskwarrior

Here you can watch the source and spec file that builds the package . And, download the rpm to install, obviously.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nieldk For This Useful Post:
brilliant, thanks a million!

The Following User Says Thank You to borghal For This Useful Post:
@nieldk: I see that you built it without GNUTLS support which prevents syncing. I must confess I have no idea how to include this and build it anew. Could you be so kind as to include it for me?

Posts: 423 | Thanked: 478 times | Joined on Sep 2014 @ Netherlands
I'm sorry if this may not be exactly the right place to ask this but I didn't feel like opening a new topic for this simple question :P

Where is the icon theme stored? (I mean all of the Sailfish icons from Jolla/Sailfish apps that you can see in the apps tray)

Edit: never mind, already found it

Last edited by vistaus; 2015-05-30 at 07:56.