Please help, I have stucked here for 2 days!!!!

I have created a empty c++ project in esbox, and I add a source code in src folder. I have compiled this src code outside of IDE myself, it is works fine.

I start the maemo framework and compile this project. no errors, then when i try to run. error pop up"launch fails, no binary found"

then i start a new project with exbox build-in examples helloworld. it builds fine and runing fine.

i have compared two project trees. I found that in exbox build-in example there is folder called Binaries, but in my project there is no such folder.!!!!!

!!!!hlep

no one knows?????????????

I have the same issue

the problem is that the sources are the src folder but their dependencies are not set in the makefile. thus, make builds a prj without having a target. (verify output of make: "nothing to be done for...").

unfortunately, i don't know where to include the respective dependencies. probably someone else can help out.

Hi,

Two points:
  • It is important to create src folder as a "src folder" item on "New Wizard" option list. Otherwise, Eclipse does not recognize it as a src folder.
  • Depending on template you have just selected, Esbox does not automatically update Makefile. You have to do it
  • Where Makefile is located? It depends on template you selected. Generally, it is inside Release (or Debug) folder.
  • The last one: most of ESbox projects makefile is generated by autoconf. Then, you have to update Makefile.am. Once such file is update, generate Makefile again.

In fact, the folder "binary" does not exist. Eclipse simply identifies that there is a binary (executable) into project folder and shows them inside a binary folder at project browser.

Best regards, Raul Herbster.

I actually stopped using esbox for compiling for these reasons, and went with Makefiles to compile.