Notices

Incorrect, in stock worldclock, one-time alarms were still saved, just inactive. One could activate the same one-time alarm over and over, and it's always active for *next* matching hour (i.e., if it is 10 AM, and Alarm set off on 11 AM, activating it will make it ring after 1 hour. Yet, if it is already noon, 11 AM alarm will ring on 11 AM tommorow).

In replacement worldclock, one-time alarms disappear after deactivation (aren't saved). I'm not sure about moment of disappearance (instantly? on reboot?), but they vanish.

So, nice catch megaexer. I wonder, if fixing it is relatively easy, or not? ade, what do you think?

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 939 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ U.K.
just tried reverting back to original clock via commands in first post and now when i press clock and alarms it doesn't show anything?

Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,797 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by corduroysack View Post
just tried reverting back to original clock via commands in first post and now when i press clock and alarms it doesn't show anything?
What does
Code:
ls -l /usr/bin/worldclock
show in the xterminal now?

The Following User Says Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Posts: 939 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ U.K.
cheers ade i've sorted it now, user error

The Following User Says Thank You to corduroysack For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Incorrect, in stock worldclock, one-time alarms were still saved, just inactive. One could activate the same one-time alarm over and over, and it's always active for *next* matching hour (i.e., if it is 10 AM, and Alarm set off on 11 AM, activating it will make it ring after 1 hour. Yet, if it is already noon, 11 AM alarm will ring on 11 AM tommorow).

In replacement worldclock, one-time alarms disappear after deactivation (aren't saved). I'm not sure about moment of disappearance (instantly? on reboot?), but they vanish.

So, nice catch megaexer. I wonder, if fixing it is relatively easy, or not? ade, what do you think?

/Estel
It is just that the approach is different.

-The stock clock puts a one-time alarm on inactive after it has gone off.
-The replacement clock removes a one-time alarm after is has gone off.

It has nothing to do with saving afterwards or reboots to make it go away. The approach of the replacement clock makes more sense to me. It was a one-time alarm after all. In the stock clock, I have to remove my old one-time alarms by hand afterwards to clean it up. If you want to repeat alarms see the suggestion of peter2p.

One-time alarms and repeat sound somewhat like a contradiction to me

But of course options to not remove old alarms can be created in theory (before the suggestion is done here)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Posts: 254 | Thanked: 146 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Antwerp Belgium
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Incorrect, in stock worldclock, one-time alarms were still saved, just inactive.
Sorry Estel I never experienced that...
Always prepared my alarms on a weekly basis so they were mend to stay.
I only reacted on megaexer's post because it feels logic that a one-time alarm is deleted after it's use.
Like abe said...

Originally Posted by ade View Post
It is just that the approach is different.

-The stock clock puts a one-time alarm on inactive after it has gone off.
-The replacement clock removes a one-time alarm after is has gone off.
But I also see yours and megaexer's point to restore the original values.
Both ways works fine, it's just how you use them
surfing the web, navigate, chat, ttweet, email, scan, hack, share, tweak...
.....................and you can also use him to make a call

The Following User Says Thank You to peter2p For This Useful Post:
No problem with the inactive alarms.

It just needs minor tweaks such as centering of main icons instead of stretching them to 164x164 px. Currently the icons look pixelated with Awoken icon pack which uses icons 128x128 px in size.

Posts: 336 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ portugal
i dont get why i have the seconds in portrait..while in landscape they are not..seems an iconsistent approach..and the clock in portrait, for me..doesnt seem screen centered at all...

Originally Posted by ed_boner View Post
i dont get why i have the seconds in portrait..while in landscape they are not..seems an iconsistent approach..and the clock in portrait, for me..doesnt seem screen centered at all...
Read the former posts for the history of that inconsistency.

From your description I guess you have an older version. Please read the first post for your current options and the most recent version.

Posts: 336 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ portugal
right..i updated to latest version..didt see any changes about waht i mentioned..the clock os way off center as even you can all see in the first pot screenshots, much more to the right than to the left...as for the seconds only showing in portrait, i did the reading you asked, still dont get it, no product would go to the market like this, its preferable not to have the seconds anywhere, and have a consistent software..imo.

Tags
clock-ui, replacement, worldclock