Closed Thread
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
tgalal - congrats on releasing what a lot of people said would be an easy endeavor, but didn't follow through.

Also, congrats on ignoring the noise in this forum and producing something that is beneficial to the entire forum in one way or another. Good work... even though I might not use Wazapp on my now shelved N9, I will be donating shortly.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 304 | Thanked: 266 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Apeldoorn area, Netherlands
God, i'm excited. Even though it might not be for n900 for while. Thanks for posting some info Tgalal

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Belgium
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
tgalal - congrats on releasing what a lot of people said would be an easy endeavor, but didn't follow through.

Also, congrats on ignoring the noise in this forum and producing something that is beneficial to the entire forum in one way or another. Good work... even though I might not use Wazapp on my now shelved N9, I will be donating shortly.
Why did u shelve it, Mate?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by blakkpanter View Post
Why did u shelve it, Mate?
Bluetooth issues. Voice would go robotic when using an earpiece, it would randomly disconnect from my Pioneer AVIC-X920BT and PR1.2 introduced lag and ultimately... I needed Skype video call on the phone.

That and I missed voice commands. I still have two N9's, put aside... but it's not my main phone any longer.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ibrakalifa View Post
Afaik nokia store doesnt need xterminal
Your point is??

I didn't say that end users would be completely lost or screwed with the N9..

All I said was that similar to the N900, it has a very short support life, by support life i'm talking about commercial support. Meaning that in order to keep using it for multiple years you need to get your head into some X-Terminal stuff to really keep it alive n kicking and to keep enjoying the phone.

The average somewhat non technical person who feels an iPhone is a technical masterpiece, wouldn't know how to use X-Term and would never want to as they buy a phone in order to make their lives easier not in order to further their programming and hacking knowledge :P

Us MeeGo users aren't satisfied by the 'smart'phones of today..

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Cologne.

Hello everyone,

it's nice to see wazzapp is finally happening and tgalal is not the fake as a few here assumed (:

Altough the work is already finished on this project, and I don't think anyone want changes on the Icon I jus wanted to share my thoughts of it.

I think it's look pretty nice, and I kno you wan to get as close to the original as you can, but still I think there are three points which you should rethink bout.

The original Icon is not very logical.

- There's a telephone/telephone receiver in it.

Well, a telephone is not a mobilephone plus u can't make calls with this app. So actually it's a wrong symbolisation.

- The bubble/balloon is leftward.

The bubble have their origins in comics and mostly they place the bubble rightward. The human eye almost follows every thing from right to left. Specially if it comes to capture informations, like texts or pictures, besides you are arabian off course (;

So the logical association would be gettin a msg back means a reply to a message and not the first message or starting a conversation. But startin a conversation is the main idea behind every IM and communication tool.

It can still work as a standalone bubble, but I find it kinda irritating, as I read many comics q:
I kno lots of messaging tools use it, also the official Nokia one but its not so dominant there like this one.
_

So if you care bout logic, there should for example sum text lines in the icon instead of the phone plus it should be rightward. It's just an example there are many ways to symbolise it.
___

Why the original?

I don't think you need to take the original icon as your pattern at all. It's your guys app you can create sumthin totally new, sumthin you personally identify with. You could also change the color. Why not choose sum other which represents your concept or the platforms meego/maemo N9/N900 better. If you want to keep the closeness to the original you could stuck to the color and jus change the rest. There are lot of examples out there where 3rd party developers totally changed their icons for a official service.
___

Legal issues.

As the legal situation of this project is anyways not clear, because of the closed protocol. Why give them more chances to attack the project, as if it gets to close to the original icon you could get sued because of copyright infringement.

If you really want to stay with your Icon, there's a minor change you could consider bout. The peak of the bubble is to close to the edge. It's inspired by the iOS icon if am not wrong. So if you look at the iOS icon there's plenty of space to the edge.

As a GraphikDesigner I could make a mock-up to show you what I mean, but I don want to interfere with the work already done and with the creator of it.

So don't get me wrong I'am really happy for the community as this was a major demand since the launch of the N9, I really appreciate the work of tgalal and the creator of the icon. And even if I will not use this app, as I haven't decided yet cos of privacy issues, it was botherin me all the time and I couldn't hold it back as a designer. q:

Ps.
Sorry for the long post, it wasn't supposed to and my bad english. q: q:

_
Black = Edits.
_
Attached Images

Last edited by hriday.; 2012-04-27 at 15:58.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to hriday. For This Useful Post:
Posts: 191 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Croatia
Will There be group chat in first

Posts: 3 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Valencia, Spain
Originally Posted by tgalal View Post
I wonder where he has disappeared
I've been asking myself the same question for a long time!!! But after knowing you'll release a port I stopped that questioning!!!

Thanks a lot for your work and I hope you'll have the N900 version ready asap.

Last edited by Fersansa; 2012-04-27 at 09:31.

Posts: 704 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
Why N900 hasn't got Whatsapp Official, I tbought the reason behind N9 not using it is because of MeeGo OS, the only phone with it.

Posts: 470 | Thanked: 399 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Croatia
Originally Posted by AndyNokia232 View Post
Please make sure you donate to this project, even if you don't think you'll use Wazapp. I think it's important to chip in for things like this in the community. http://wazapp.im/

lol, especially for the bolded part
some of the projects where that money would be much more useful:
cssu
kernel-power
phoneme
busybox-power
and much more projects that actually enhance maemo

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GrimyHR For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
galal-t is da, kindergarten, mastar, new tmo low, shameful, tmo not cake, trollfest, whiny_girls