Poll: What should be fixed first for the Bluetooth Mouse Driver?
Poll Options
What should be fixed first for the Bluetooth Mouse Driver?

Waiting for Quake3 video with BT keyboard+mouse and tv-out

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vulcan
Razer Orochi BT mouse working 100%. Thanks a lot azerty1!

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Thank you very much. This is one of the missing pieces needed to make the N900 into a Real Computer.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
I'm not clear about this...

The modified evdev_drv.so is not safe? It might cause your keyboard to stop working? Or the driver is safe, but you might lose your keyboard if you make a mistake?

Can you install the new driver before pairing the mouse, or does the new driver interfere with the pairing somehow?

I'm asking this because it would be fairly simple to make a package that installs the new driver and enables BT HID support, but I don't want to do that if the driver may cause serious problems.

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Posts: 46 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vulcan
@qole

These are the steps I followed:

1. remove the "input" from /etc/bluetooth/main.conf
2. replace the "evdev_drv.so" file
3. move "transp" and copy "arrow" file
4. install the bluez-compat from here
5. install libxmuu1
6. paired Razer Orochi BT mouse (was necessary to run hidd --search on terminal first)
7. reboot
8. run ./showmouse

And done.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trek1701 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
azerty1: Will you please update you initial post and include some kind of advice for user to set WiFi to automatic before copying evdev_drv (and to install ssh if not already), so in case touch/keyboard is unusable after reboot one to have option to log into the system and restore evdev_drv

KingKobraone: you can try to bring up USB network (using Linux, not Windows) , ssh in the system and restore original evdev_drv.so.
A WARNING has been added. Thanks for sending your files and for your help freemangordon! (your English is great BTW) I'm in the process of incorporating your stuff (while trying to fix that dang browser too!)

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
Originally Posted by qole View Post
Thank you very much. This is one of the missing pieces needed to make the N900 into a Real Computer.
SO true..

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by azerty1 View Post
A WARNING has been added. Thanks for sending your files and for your help freemangordon! (your English is great BTW) I'm in the process of incorporating your stuff (while trying to fix that dang browser too!)
Wish you luck fixing the browser, but I have feeling that this is a dead end for microb without patching/recompiling. Yesterday I installed mozilla 1.1 and with little tweaking it has mouse cursor in web pages. Mouse is 100% working in mozilla. If anyone is interested here is how to show pointer in mozilla(1.1):

edit

/opt/mozilla/fennec-1.1/chrome/chrome.manifest

and add following line

override chrome://browser/content/cursor.css data:text/plain,<nada/>

Sure same effect can be acheved in a different way (even maybe on the fly), but some with more knowledge on mozilla should advice how.

Re poll questions -

showing/hiding mouse pointer can be done automaticly trough hal fdi script(think so ), so when mouse is paired/connected cursor to appear (and to disappear when unpaired/disconnected). What I am thinking is a control panel extension to select for which BT device[s] this to happen, so no end user has to modify scripts by hand.

lag that some people (including me before bluetooth.ko patching) have I'm 99 percent sure is due to bluetooth subsystem

BTW did you try bluetooth.ko and evdev_drv.so that I am using (those from attachment)? If yes - is mouse movement still erratic?

Cheers

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Trek1701 View Post
@qole

These are the steps I followed:

1. remove the "input" from /etc/bluetooth/main.conf
2. replace the "evdev_drv.so" file
3. move "transp" and copy "arrow" file
4. install the bluez-compat from here
5. install libxmuu1
6. paired Razer Orochi BT mouse (was necessary to run hidd --search on terminal first)
7. reboot
8. run ./showmouse

And done.
i got down to part 6... , the bluetooth icon goes blue and then white again after 0.5 sec , -.-

Tags
wikify