Active Topics

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 35 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ South Bend, Indiana
Cool news-
Fennec (Mobile Firefox) has reached milestone 6 (M6) last week and can be installed to a Nokia N8×0 for testing. Remember, we haven’t reach alpha yet, but we are getting close. M6 adds “tabs” to the browser UI, adds tel: and mailto: support and makes some much needed stability improvements.

We are adding more UI for M7 (August 19th) and are doing additional performance and stability work. Feel free to give Fennec M6 a try and please file bugs. Use bugzilla and the “Fennec” product category.
Install instructions
M6 Readme
Link (Mark Finkle’s Weblog)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to spartanNTX For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Yes yes. See the Fennec 0.6 thread on the ItT Apps subforum.

Tried two time to install on N800/Diablo. No onscreen keyboard. Closes spontaneously after about 1-2 minutes. I tried to find a separate Diablo version, but couldn't find. Followed the directions in the link above. Not sure what version is being installed (Chinook or Diablo). Doesn't work for me...yet.

I got it to work for me, but it crashes a lot. Also, the menus on N800 are kind of hard to figure out and some of the button won't work. Also, and most importantly when manually creating a new MOZILLA REPOSITORY, using Diablo under distribution WOULD NOT WORK, so I used Chinook and it worked.

Tags
fennec