Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 49 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Russia, Ekaterinburg
Thank you!

Posts: 424 | Thanked: 196 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by ade View Post
@toxaris, can you also tell me if your problem is solved now?
Jepp, all the problems with AM/PM is gone, great.
I will test it for a few days with setting alarms and so on.

Thx for continue the development of Worldclock.

The Following User Says Thank You to toxaris For This Useful Post:
@ade
(almost) all problems reported by me in the previous thread are now solved. Thanks.

App still closes itself though. In a random way, especially when not active (in background). When this bug is fixed, I think it will be right time to debianize it, push it to the repos and contact CSSU devs to implement it in CSSU testing.

Feature request 1: add seconds at the main view, here (and maybe align time and date text field to the center):

Feature request 2: on "World clocks" view, make it possible to change system clock to desired time zone. Explanation: one can travel to Tokio, Paris and New York, so he adds this three cities to the list, but can only view what time is there. He can`t change automatically system time, so he must go to control panel when he lands in that specific city. It should be possible to change system clock via long press on city name directly from Clock app "World clocks" view, so there will be two options "Delete" and "Set as main".

Last edited by artpra; 2012-01-16 at 10:14.

The Following User Says Thank You to artpra For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,797 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Netherlands
Random crashing is already in the known issues list in the first post.

This crashing will most likely be the next thing on my todo list. I am afraid it could be a tough nut to crack.

About feature request 1:

The centering of the clock has already crossed my mind, stylistically it would look better. Adding seconds should theoretically not be a major change (but you never know till you try to implement it ).

About feature request 2:
You do not have to start the control panel, as you can start "change date and time" from the main clockmenu.
The example situation you describe sounds valid, but don't expect that feature from me. It is going to cost me too much of my spare time to figure everything out, and I want to work on some other things too. Maybe some other developer is interested in picking this up.

My goal will stay to get the replacement clock acceptable for CSSU, not to expand it with new features. I hope we can get to that acceptance in the end.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ade View Post
My goal will stay to get the replacement clock acceptable for CSSU, not to expand it with new features. I hope we can get to that acceptance in the end.
Fully understood.

Is adding timezones map instead of list possible? Probably it means involving a lot of work too (not a single byte of code from the original one to reuse).

New version can be downloaded (see link first page)

Changes (requests artpra):
- Centering of current time in portrait mode
- Adding seconds to current time display

The screenshot on the first page is updated to show the result.

Remark:
Seconds are only shown in portrait mode. In landscape mode, displaying the seconds will lead to 10% cpu usage. That is probably due to the frequent refresh on top of the wallpaper image (some repaint action).

Status crash investigation:
No progress to report. A compiled version with debug option does not crash, so that makes debugging difficult. Most logical it is some memory violation that does not occur with debug stuff compiled. Maybe some C(++) guru can walk through the code?

@artpra: your guess is right, I am not going to reimplement the timezone map

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Thanks very much, ade!

Any way to implement seconds in landscape view, without this "borked" repaint, resulting in high CPU usage? It would be great for non-vertical users.

/Estel

// Edit

Mayve just plain option to disable wallpaper? I would trade wallpaper for seconds count everyday.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Thanks very much, ade!

Any way to implement seconds in landscape view, without this "borked" repaint, resulting in high CPU usage? It would be great for non-vertical users.

/Estel

// Edit

Mayve just plain option to disable wallpaper? I would trade wallpaper for seconds count everyday.
At the moment, I would not know how to resolve that.
If you ask me, I would get rid of the wallpaper background (I see it as unnecessary overhead). CepiPerez must have introduced it to resemble the original clock as much as possible. No idea what the general user preference is on this matter.

+1 on removing it. I'm pretty sure, that during minute/hour change, it also adds unnecessary CPU usage due to repainting - of course, it's just less visible, than when repainting every second.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Originally Posted by Estel View Post
+1 on removing it. I'm pretty sure, that during minute/hour change, it also adds unnecessary CPU usage due to repainting - of course, it's just less visible, than when repainting every second.

/Estel
Correct, I see a short cpu increase to 10% once the minute is updated in landscape mode.
P.s. CepiPerez refreshed the clock every 10 seconds. The fact that I now update it every second has no visible cpu impact.

We could start a poll on this wallpaper subject

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:

Tags
clock-ui, replacement, worldclock