See links for #maemo-ssu conversation.
Saves people searching through logs.

http://mg.pov.lt/maemo-ssu-irclog/%2...11-07T23:00:40

http://mg.pov.lt/maemo-ssu-irclog/%2...11-08.log.html

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,797 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Netherlands
I followed this conversation almost live... seeing persons show off with simple oneliners and bad code, but never looked at the (context in) the code, let alone ever having used the program itself or have any intention to do so.
As I stated earlier, I am not proud of the code. It wasn't in a good shape, and I seriously doubt I it made it any better. I'm not a true developer by profession, but just tried to fix/improve issues that no one was willing to pick up. No idea what kind of mess the original worldclock code is, because we don't have it and can't adapt it. So that's some things solved.

Then I suddenly see all sorts of additional requirements popping up. And what is more to come? I can think of a dozen in the future. All the substantial aid I got from the current active cssu members is from Pali, with the packaging and some small adaptions. Freemangordon would do a code review, but never got to that. Yes, there are always other and new priorites, I know.

For me, the replacement clock has turned into a stable tool I use intensively. Cssu or not will not change that.

Bottom line: I have no desire to continue this project within this rudderless cssu frame.

I hope it finds a new maintainer that not just talks in oneliners, but actually works on it. Besides Gidzzz, there are not many talented and active gui developers left

If your goal would be cssu: be warned for a very bumpy road

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
@ade
I`ve been with your worldclock resurrection since the beginning. Your communication with me and other testers was amazing (bug report -> few days -> new fixed version). Few weeks and MANY bugs later we have an open, stable, reliable, portrait friendly maemo clock alternative.
Whole "CSSU inclusion" was a parody, it`s true, but don`t give up on it! Maybe talk with gidzzz and put thumb version into his newly created repo?
I want you to know, that your worldclock is absolutely must have for me and I`m sure that`s not only for me. You did a great job man and I`m sending you my greatest thanks.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to artpra For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Maybe gidzzz can upload clock-ui to his thumb repo? It could become a unofficial-cssu-repo

Or I can push it into my repo to, just if you send me the debs (or even the source + dsc + changes).

Projects no longer actively developed: here

The Following User Says Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Originally Posted by ade View Post
I followed this conversation almost live... seeing persons show off with simple oneliners and bad code, but never looked at the (context in) the code, let alone ever having used the program itself or have any intention to do so.
As I stated earlier, I am not proud of the code. It wasn't in a good shape, and I seriously doubt I it made it any better. I'm not a true developer by profession, but just tried to fix/improve issues that no one was willing to pick up. No idea what kind of mess the original worldclock code is, because we don't have it and can't adapt it. So that's some things solved.

Then I suddenly see all sorts of additional requirements popping up. And what is more to come? I can think of a dozen in the future. All the substantial aid I got from the current active cssu members is from Pali, with the packaging and some small adaptions. Freemangordon would do a code review, but never got to that. Yes, there are always other and new priorites, I know.

For me, the replacement clock has turned into a stable tool I use intensively. Cssu or not will not change that.

Bottom line: I have no desire to continue this project within this rudderless cssu frame.

I hope it finds a new maintainer that not just talks in oneliners, but actually works on it. Besides Gidzzz, there are not many talented and active gui developers left

If your goal would be cssu: be warned for a very bumpy road
Haven't seen this post until now, but I'm not surprised. Thanks a lot for your excellent work in this project.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,797 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Netherlands
And then it appeared in cssu-testing out of nowhere... that certainly ended the ongoing fuss about the need for optional package choices, team coding, code review and what more in a very efficient way

I have been keeping a watchful eye on resulting reactions/findings nevertheless (as it would reach a wider audience), but almost all reactions where related to other updated CSSU parts (fmtx etc). Which tells me this choice was defendable.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
And then it appeared in cssu-testing out of nowhere... that certainly ended the ongoing fuss about the need for optional package choices, team coding, code review and what more in a very efficient way

I have been keeping a watchful eye on resulting reactions/findings nevertheless (as it would reach a wider audience), but almost all reactions where related to other updated CSSU parts (fmtx etc). Which tells me this choice was defendable.
Oh! it's true. Maybe then it's time to go and rant for busybox-power

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:
I'm almost sure you mean the same thing, but just in case:
I'm perfectly sure it is because of how stable and reliable your clock replacement is. Thank you for your awesome work - I remember how it was (not)working (and looked) *before* you have picked it up...

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Hey, was there ever a fix or workaround for the alarm_event_set_sound libalarm.h function problem in the old thread?

(googled, this thread came up)

I tried setting it in the constructor, but still no joy. Thoughts?

The Following User Says Thank You to tetris11_ For This Useful Post:

Tags
clock-ui, replacement, worldclock