Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Originally Posted by c0rt3x View Post
Android = Capacitive
What has an operating system to do with a device's touchscreen technology? I doubt Android cares whether its input device is resistive, capacitive, a mouse, banging your head on the wall or just voice commands (as long as it can provide an absolute x,y coordinate and a boolean "click" value).

Originally Posted by flux41 View Post
Capacitive screen... Ok that is nice, but is it really the only reason why this device is even being considered?
Being unconsidered.

Originally Posted by javispedro View Post
What has an operating system to do with a device's touchscreen technology? I doubt Android cares whether its input device is resistive, capacitive, a mouse, banging your head on the wall or just voice commands (as long as it can provide an absolute x,y coordinate and a boolean "click" value).
What has an operating system to do with a device's CPU technology? Yet Android 1.5 only allowed one model (not only limited to a specific CPU type, but also to a special model). The Qualcomm MSM 7201A 528 MHz processor.

Originally Posted by c0rt3x View Post
What has an operating system to do with a device's CPU technology?
Everything?

Either way, there have been multiple Android devices with different touch screen technologies and with different processors, so the point is moot.

The Following User Says Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
Everything?

Either way, there have been multiple Android 1.5 phones with different touch screen technologies and with different processors, so the point is moot.
[Too short message]

And a N810 running Android 1.0 . And the first devices (BEFORE the G1) to run Android were all resistive .

Posts: 607 | Thanked: 450 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Washington, DC
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
I can't call that "what the N900 should have been". Who wants a phone that big, except maybe on their desk?
Me. If it has a usable on screen keyboard this device could work as a computer and is not too big to pocket. To my mind, the N900, while it has a real keyboard (which I prefer), has a screen that is just too small to work as a computer for long.

There's a bit more information in the SlashGear post:

http://www.slashgear.com/dell-streak...leaks-2161220/

The Following User Says Thank You to DaveP1 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 232 | Thanked: 106 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Chicago/D.C./Katowice
4.1 is pushing it for a phone, 5 is just plain stupid

3.7/8 and i'd be happy

The Following User Says Thank You to UCOMM For This Useful Post:
Just because it ships with Android doesn't mean that another OS can't run on it right? Would it be possible to flash it to run something like Maemo?

Capacitive screen. Eeek.
If it makes no difference expense wise or battery wise (in a perfect world), you want a capacitive screen, makes a huge difference in terms of usability. You can't accomplish the same things on a resistive screen.

Originally Posted by cheetos316 View Post
Just because it ships with Android doesn't mean that another OS can't run on it right? Would it be possible to flash it to run something like Maemo?
In theory it can run any embedded OS, but who's going to go through with porting it, writing device drivers for it, and who knows what else.

Tags
competition, dell, fresh-air, i has it ;), just shoot me, no keyboard, no linux, notnokia, wotnokia?