Notices

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
kishan, sorry - that wasn't what I meant - for me the conky process that I was killing was the one you had left over:

"8582 user 31548 S /usr/bin/conky -d -c /etc/conky/conky.conf"

The majority of my post was about that being there, because on my N900 that process was eating CPU needlessly.

I think what you were reporting is perfectly normal. Not really needing any fixing.

Lol, so many people replying, I can't keep up, and I feel like I have to double post so that people don't miss me responding to them.

mrsellout: Right now, you need to manually enable Conky's rotation. My .conf file switches layouts depending on device orientation, so that you get a portrait mode-compatible layout when conky is rotated. However, I don't yet know how to enable rotation the moment conky is launched from a command I could run from within Conky.

The way I do it is I have shortcutd installed, and I have short-half-press of camera key set to toggle rotation. So when I want to use conky in portrait mode, I just press that. And then Conky itself is rotated along with the layout change. Alternatively, I believe the key combination ctrl+shift+r turns on rotation too.

I'm going to try to get this to be run from-config-file once upon Conky start hopefully within a day or two. When I make progress again I'll post another conf file.

At any rate, I'm glad you liked it. Also, you may be able to avoid the need to copy and paste the conf file's contents into a blank file if you download directly from the N900. I saved it, renamed it, and uploaded it, from the N900, and will probably continue doing so, so you may be able to avoid whatever openings/saving/renaming it in Windows causes.

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
mrsellout: Right now, you need to manually enable Conky's rotation. My .conf file switches layouts depending on device orientation, so that you get a portrait mode-compatible layout when conky is rotated. However, I don't yet know how to enable rotation the moment conky is launched from a command I could run from within Conky.
The way I do it is I have shortcutd installed, and I have short-half-press of camera key set to toggle rotation. So when I want to use conky in portrait mode, I just press that. And then Conky itself is rotated along with the layout change. Alternatively, I believe the key combination ctrl+shift+r turns on rotation too.

I'm going to try to get this to be run from-config-file once upon Conky start hopefully within a day or two. When I make progress again I'll post another conf file.[/QUOTE]

Right I forgot about that. One way round it would be to borrow could from other apps that use portrait & landscape mode. Forgive me I'm no programmer, but I'm going to look into the Qt tutorials, or maybe Filebox's source code to see how they do it. Maybe we could get fullscreen mode as well for a bit more real estate.

At any rate, I'm glad you liked it. Also, you may be able to avoid the need to copy and paste the conf file's contents into a blank file if you download directly from the N900. I saved it, renamed it, and uploaded it, from the N900, and will probably continue doing so, so you may be able to avoid whatever openings/saving/renaming it in Windows causes.
Strangely that's how I did do it, Anyway got it working now.

The Following User Says Thank You to mrsellout For This Useful Post:
Well, do we know how to run a Qt line of code from the command line? I don't think Conky has native Qt support. However, that IS a good avenue to pursue - I applaud your motivation. Even if we don't figure out how to run Qt from conky, the knowledge from the code may be enough to know how to do it directly from command line.

Ideally, we could get Creamy Goodness to make Conky's N900 port have way to set it's own portrait-mode-enabled-by-default setting - and you just change the yes to a no or vice-versa in the conf file. Since the best way would be to just enable the already-built-into-hildon rotation enabled flag, and figure out how to make the program launch with it on or off as-per-user-configured settings (which in the case of Conky is in the .conf file entirely). Hmmm... MohammadAG did that with Modest and Hildon Settings Menu... I should prod him about that too.

But that's an extra feature request to put more burden on him, hence for the time being running commands from within conky suffices. There SHOULD be a dbus call that simulates keyboard presses. Perhaps we can find one that will toggle rotation - actually now that I think about it there should be a dbus call that will toggle rotation directly). Then you just put that in the first line (or really any line, so long as it's outside any other tags) under "Text" in the conf file, inside ${exec []} - or whatever other command it is that only runs once (as opposed to execi, which runs repeatedly per interval). Unless exec is just execi but using the default interval? *Shrug* (I'm currently working on something with python [not coding something on my own - copying latest version of code into files on my N900], so I'm useless for a few hours between now and when I finish, but I should be able to work on this after that.)

superb! love it

Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb

So
Code:
${alignr 300}Blahblah$variable blah
will place the h of the right-most "blah" against an imaginary vertical line 300 pixels away from the left edge of the screen.
In theory, I get it. But...
Code:
${color 4072a5}RAM:${goto 75}${color 3a3030}${voffset 2}${membar 16,240}
${color       }${voffset -20}${goto 110}$mem${goto 160}/ $memmax
${color       }${alignr 348}${voffset -18}$memperc%${color 4072a5}${goto 400}Mem:${color black}${memgraph 16,105 ffffff 0000ff -t}
${color 4072a5}Swap:${goto 75}${color 3a3030}${swapbar 16,240}                     
${color       }${voffset -18}${goto 110}$swap${goto 160}/ $swapmax
${color       }${alignr 301}${voffset -18}$swapperc%${color #4072a5}${goto 400}Battery: ${color}${battery_short} ${battery_volts}mV
${color 4072a5}rootfs:${goto 75}${color 3a3030}${fs_bar 16,240 /}
${color       }${voffset -18}${goto 110}${fs_used /}${goto 160}/ ${fs_size /}
${color       }${alignr 255}${voffset -20}(${fs_free /}) ${color 4072a5}${goto 400}Processes:$color $processes ${color 4072a5}Running:$color $running_processes
${color 4072a5}home:${goto 75}${color 3a3030}${fs_bar 16,240 /home}
${color       }${voffset -18}${goto 110}${fs_used /home}${goto 160}/ ${fs_size /home}
${color       }${alignr 290}${voffset -20}(${fs_free /home})${color 4072a5}${goto 400}Cell Radio: $color ${cell_radio_dbm}dBm ${cell_radio_percent}%
${if_mounted /home/user/MyDocs}${color 4072a5}MyDocs:${goto 75}${color 3a3030}${fs_bar 16,240 /home/user/MyDocs}
${color       }${voffset -18}${goto 110}${fs_used /home/user/MyDocs}${goto 160}/ ${fs_size /home/user/MyDocs}
${color       }${alignr 347}${voffset -20}(${fs_free /home/user/MyDocs})$endif${color 4072a5}${goto 400}Dio:${color black}${diskiograph /dev/mmcblk0 16,105 ffffff 00ff00 -t -1}
${if_mounted /media/mmc1}${color 4072a5}MicroSD:${goto 75}${color 3a3030}${fs_bar 16,240 /media/mmc1}
${color       }${voffset -18}${goto 110}${fs_used /media/mmc1}${goto 160}/ ${fs_size /media/mmc1}
${color       }${alignr 478}${voffset -20}(${fs_free /media/mmc1}) $endif
Values are from 255 to 478 And it looks aligned, not 100% but it doesn't differ that much as values are. On the original file, values were 525 and 490. But I split those uptime/batt and load/processes lines so I can move the graphs .
And now it does look OK but I don't know why my alignr values are all different.

same problem here , start conky then i close it it left in bg....

Originally Posted by afteris View Post
same problem here , start conky then i close it it left in bg....
NHF but you don't have the same problem. Your problem is that you haven't read this thread. Most likely not even the first post.

duno, examplei check pre day 6times conky all go to bg.... maybe i`m blind how can fix it?

Read the first post carefully.

Tags
conky