Active Topics

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Originally Posted by immi.shk View Post
i old times i remember.. cell phone's use to start without battery with charging plug only.. kinda of functionality our Laptop's have(work just with DC without Battery)..

is it possible to fake a battery with some array of capacitance or something..

N900 in DC mode(like Laptop's) would be GREAT
IIRC you need to use large capacitors to boot the phone.
There's also the problem of kernel-power booting problematically when started with a charger.

i need scud battery

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by colla84 View Post
i need scud battery
I think everyone in here wants one.

Here are scuds for sale but is a lot of 10:

http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm...olesalers.html
Motorola M3688 → Ericsson R320 → Siemens S40 → Motorola V60c → Palm Treo 650 → Blackberry 9000 → Nokia N900 → HP Pre 3 → Nokia N900 → Nokia N9 → Nokia N900 → Nokia 808 → Blackberry Z10 → Blackberry Passport

Only dead fish swim with the stream.

Posts: 6 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ United Kingdom
Hmm are they actually the same ones as the scud blues - the capacities look different?

Forget the scud, two 18650's are the future. They're both cheaper per mAh and offer 6000 mAh of total capacity.

I'm already working on it for a little modified Mugen Cover. Next thing is to fit it into my aluminum body replacement project

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ United Kingdom
At the prospect of a 6000mah battery capacity all I can do is:

Keep up the good work and please let us know how it all goes along.

The Following User Says Thank You to Naevax For This Useful Post:
hi guys. did i ever read on this thread (may be a few months ago) that to achieve the FULL capacity of a battery i must use an exernal charger?

Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by tingu699 View Post
hi guys. did i ever read on this thread (may be a few months ago) that to achieve the FULL capacity of a battery i must use an exernal charger?
Normal Charging will go to about 100%, in worst case you will miss a few %, but that is for my setup since my charger charges up to 4.23V, but believe me, at the end of the day you will not notice it, in the best of circumstances you will get 10 minutes more idle/standby time (AT BEST!)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 49 | Thanked: 112 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Bristol, UK
In regard to battery calibration script: Is there a quick and easy fix for Error: Could not set address to 0x55: Device or resource busy?
I've only seen Estel mentioning it in kernel-bfs thread but nothing obvious... I'm running latest CSSU and KP50.

//EDIT

Thanks to Estel, removing bq27x00_battery from /etc/modules have helped
Flash Player v10.1 (faked to v12.1) is here!

Taking pre-orders for dual PolarCell battery (~3000mAh) with Mugen cover for £50
Get a free giffgaff Sim with £5 credit here! Also 250mins unlimited txts & internet for £10 PAYG!

Last edited by sEKI; 2012-05-24 at 20:04. Reason: Problem resolved

Tags
battery, battery test, best battery, good bad ugly, modding, mugen battery, scud battery, tool got banned, yasirrfc