Posts: 422 | Thanked: 320 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Israel
Nope, the phone was not running anything...

Anyhows, now that I've left my battery out of the phone for quite a while (more than 5 hours), it won't even charge anymore
I plug the charger or usb, and nothing happens - the status led doesn't even turn on

Just to clarify - the above mentioned method for being able to re-charge the phone, which I described on my first post in this thread, worked for me more than once before...
I think my current issue is something entirely different this time (maybe busted usb-port? but why and how? it was perfectly fine a few hours ago!).

I'm thinking of maybe try and use my N85 battery on my N900 to see if it would turn on... I'll have to use wires though, as the N85's battery won't fit inside the N900...

Last edited by efekt; 2010-10-12 at 21:40.

Ok, I replaced my battery with a new one, and now the device is charging at last... Probably my previous battery just couldn't handle all those times I completely depleted it, and died

Will check that "lshal -m" command after I'll finish charging the new battery to the full.

Ok, I get a false positive charging rate:
bme property maemo.rechargable.positive_rate = false
This is when its connected to the PC USB, and probably to the wall charger as well (as I left it turned off and being charged for at least 45 minutes, but when I turned it on the battery was still low).

Though I still see I had - for a second - positive_rate = true... I don't get whats wrong here... maybe I should try to uninstall power-kernel, and see if it helps...

Damn this is odd, now it refuses to charge again, and I can't even turn it on

Have you cleaned the battery pins in the phone. Maybe they are dirty and not enough voltage/amps are getting through

Its as clean as it can be... Anyways after I've left it alone for a while, not connected to anything, I plugged it again to the charger and it tried to start charging (doing its 'soft' booting up) but kept failing and shutting down, in a never ending loop.

I took out the battery from the device, will try to put it on and start recharging again in a while - maybe I'll get lucky...

I think I'll try un-installing the power kernel with the flasher, doing:

Code:
flasher-3.5 -f --flash-only=kernel -R -F zImage-930mhz-500dsp
As I have the zImage-930mhz-500dsp kernel running... I might screwed it up with some of my messing around commands...

Is even it possible flashing with an empty battery?

Originally Posted by efekt View Post
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE FLASH WITH A FLAT BATTERY

You will have major problems if you do.
Don't mess around, do a full back up with the Backup app also backup all of MyDocs and save any mods you have done, then flash the ROM and eMMC.

Posts: 702 | Thanked: 334 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel.
Originally Posted by efekt View Post
Its as clean as it can be... Anyways after I've left it alone for a while, not connected to anything, I plugged it again to the charger and it tried to start charging (doing its 'soft' booting up) but kept failing and shutting down, in a never ending loop.

I took out the battery from the device, will try to put it on and start recharging again in a while - maybe I'll get lucky...

I think I'll try un-installing the power kernel with the flasher, doing:

Code:
flasher-3.5 -f --flash-only=kernel -R -F zImage-930mhz-500dsp
As I have the zImage-930mhz-500dsp kernel running... I might screwed it up with some of my messing around commands...

Efekt,

My n900 is idle and sitting in a drawer useless,
I'm offering you a few options :
1. Come over to rechovot, use my battery to flash your phone.
2. Purchase my n900
3. Come over, take the battery, use it for a week for what ever needs you have, return it.
E-mail me if you are interested in any option

eitamaa at the google mail domain dot com

Edit : I'm charging it now for you if you decide you want my assistance.
| DonateMe - If you feel I helped you in a very good way, feel free to donate |

Last edited by eitama; 2010-10-13 at 15:40.

The Following User Says Thank You to eitama For This Useful Post:
Posts: 74 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ torino - italia
I'm experiencing the same problem just yesterday. For the first time it refuse to fully charge (green led et the end), but seem to have enough battery to work....
Have we got a seasonal virus???

Well, I went to the guy who sold me the new battery, and replaced it with an almost fully charged new battery, and now the device is working AND charging the battery as usual
BatteryGraph & HeathCheck both says charging at ~650mAh... This behavior is like a riddle to me... I uninstalled the power-kernel, don't wanna mess with it for now, and also bought a separate universal battery charger.

Is it possible that my N900 "killed" two batteries beyond the point of being able to recharge? is there any "point" like that?

Originally Posted by davide View Post
Have we got a seasonal virus???
You know what - I never even thought of this option... Could that be a virus, that prevents the phone from recharging? I thought the N900's power consumption driver is closed by Nokia...