Posts: 25 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Caracas/Venezuela
Originally Posted by danx View Post
i have fcam so i just download thr debt file to my mass storage ? new to this but i am willing to take a chance on how to install ! step by step please ?
First download the .deb file added in this forum page (using the browser in the n900). Save it in N900 folder
Go the Xterminal and type:

sudo gainroot
cd /home/user/MyDocs
dpkg -i fcameratl_0.1-1_armel.deb

to uninstall just type:

dpkg -r fcameratl_0.1-1_armel.deb

Last edited by seridyan; 2010-08-12 at 04:20.

The Following User Says Thank You to seridyan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 143 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Houston
Originally Posted by toastbrot View Post
my test yesterday gave me 10MB "dng" files for just 640x480 pixel images! something wrong?
crap, it seems that the original fcamera had a bug saving those DNGs. you can read more about it here.
I'll try upload an updated version, soon. sorry guys. I think the JPEG export works fine, though...

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Stanford University
tpaixao, we're going to release the fixed FCam/fcamera code by the end of the week, with a few other minor improvements as well. Until then, dcraw compatibility is still broken.

I made this yesterday. Are there any way to have the pictures saved directly as jpeg? Those DNGs are really heavy....

Last edited by Ayle; 2010-08-14 at 01:13.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ayle For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Ayle View Post
I made this yesterday. Are there any way to have the pictures saved directly as jpeg? Those DNGs are really heavy....
there is an option in the option screen (when you swipe down from the viewfinder screen) that saves JPEGs automatically to the photo gallery. You still have to delete the DNGs yourself, but it's something...

i made this quick little video last night! 500 pics in all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqQuPO9qd2o

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to myeyegooogles For This Useful Post:
Posts: 10 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Croatia
I have issues with FcameraTL. It doesn't take all the photos, and interval between photos is random-ish. I'll test a bit more, it might be a problem with my device / setup, but I think new Fcamera (0.1.6) will fix this, as it is more responsive to user input.
If I'm the only one with this problem, then reflash is probably the best option.

Thanks

Originally Posted by gimzo View Post
I have issues with FcameraTL. It doesn't take all the photos, and interval between photos is random-ish. I'll test a bit more, it might be a problem with my device / setup, but I think new Fcamera (0.1.6) will fix this, as it is more responsive to user input.
hmm, I think not taking all the photos is not very likely. The interval being randomish could happen if your N900 is doing other stuff at the same time. What could be happening is that you are using a very short interval, and, in that case, it might skip a few photos. Try a longer interval (and with single shots - no HDR or bursts) and see if it still happens.

Anyway, I think the latest version of fcamera is out and I'll try to do a new version of TL, soon.

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Croatia
Originally Posted by tpaixao View Post
hmm, I think not taking all the photos is not very likely. The interval being randomish could happen if your N900 is doing other stuff at the same time. What could be happening is that you are using a very short interval, and, in that case, it might skip a few photos. Try a longer interval (and with single shots - no HDR or bursts) and see if it still happens.

Anyway, I think the latest version of fcamera is out and I'll try to do a new version of TL, soon.
I tried this: interval 10s, 30 frames, iso 3200, everything else auto (shutter was somewhere around 1/100). I got this:
http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/9851/fctl.jpg
only 24 frames, and a large gap between frames 22 and 23.
I'll wait for new version of TL (thank you very much for making it) and if it doesn't fix this I'll reflash and report back here.

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by tpaixao View Post
I did and they said they want to keep fcamera as simple as possible so that other could use it as an example of using FCam. They did suggest I could take over fcamera++, which would focus on improving fcamera (most important missing feature is the flash). However, I don't have enough time or even coding skills to do it.
what about gitorious? just create fcamera++ there and push your time lapse version there as master. then anyone can make a repo of their own from that ground and write their own addons and when they're ready, send you merge requests. and anyone can build any version of software if they only know how to do it....
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Tags
camera, photo