scnr

10 chars
Congrats, you're the 1st 1337 poster in this thread

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Load of crap as per usual:

A)
You're the last person on earth stskeeps would tell if that were true.
B)
Not true unless current/former employees are cool with intense legal heat.
Thereby endangering their future careers/prospects...
For the record, I do not have any kind of work affiliation with Nokia anymore and haven't had for several months which means I do not have any Nokia source codes and it would be obscenely against professional ethics to release those if I did have those, as well as illegal.

As I've repeatedly said, the N900 hardware adaptation team for MeeGo (as paid and contracted by Nokia, under NDAs) had access to needed source codes (a limited set) in order to do our work in order to bring MeeGo to N900, N950 and N9. These source codes could never be released for many good reasons. This has been explained over (even in very laymans terms) and over to abill_uk and he hasn't gotten the point or understood anything.

The work we did back then is making sure we can still release Nemo and Mer-based systems for N900, N950/N9.

I'm here as a community member these days and not happy about seeing this place go down in flames. But talking about source codes.. well, let's just say that it's too damn late. IMHO.

I've gone on to help create a better way to make open platforms, see http://www.merproject.org for more details. Maybe you'll have a device based on that one day, in your home, or in your hand (.. or lodged in your brain? )

Last edited by Stskeeps; 2012-07-04 at 19:58.

The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
It's never too late with or without source.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Sums it all up nicely AGAIN for abill, sadly he'll promptly forget & start talking rubbish again in 1,2,3...

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
And interesting idea would be a device where you paid an X extra fee and got access to the source and drivers. Wouldn't be easy with a buissniss model like that and wouldn't come cheap, but might see something in the future.

Or an IKEA phone. You can buy them in parts an put together the most with the specs you need.

I think Samsung will deliver that first around 2014

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-07-04 at 20:29.

Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
I just took the phone off the charger and went outside for about 45 minutes weed whacking and such while playing the fm radio app on my N9 after updating to Prease Rait 1.3. Came back in and plugged the phone in and the battery immediately said 100%.
Now I can see they did some bug fixes to pulse audio and this used to be my number one battery killer eating an enormous amount of battery but for for it to go from big power eater to zero power eater is quite suspicious.

Last edited by aironeous; 2012-07-04 at 20:56.

Posts: 464 | Thanked: 338 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK, Northwest
Originally Posted by aironeous View Post
I just took the phone off the charger and went outside for about 45 minutes weed whacking and such while playing the fm radio app on my N9 after updating to Prease Rait 1.3. Came back in and plugged the phone in and there battery immediately said 100%.
Now I can see they did some bug fixes to pulse audio and this used to be my number one battery killer eating an enormous amount of battery but for for it to go from big power eater to zero power eater is quite suspicious.
Would be great if that really was the case...

but I somehow doubt it is.

Posts: 124 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Edmonton Canada
All all.. I'm having the most annoying Bluetooth Audio issue since moving to PR1.3...

I have VW GTI and BT Audio works great with every phone I've had that supports it (incl the N9 with 1.2). Now when I try and play music over BT Audio it no longer kicks into the actual BT Audio, but, it's almost like it connects it like a phone call and plays music.

The music plays, but, the sound quality is absolutely terrible and again, it's like it's not using BT Audio, but, just the channel that it would use for voice.

Anyone else experiencing issues with BT Audio?

Tags
bugfix-focused, dashed hopes, nokia fanbois, popcorn, pr1.3, pr1.3 party, troll alert