Originally Posted by nbedford View Post
Shame for me this one small bug/feature (which ever Nokia want to call it) would make N9 perfect
It's not a bug, it's a feature It's only thing that keeps me away to use it as a primary device...With breathing light and LED blinking on mails (no stand-by screen) already fixed...it will be perfect. In my case job saver...I can't look from time to time at my phone just to check if I miss something...Bad thinking, Nokia.

Last edited by freaksamael; 2012-07-09 at 18:03.

Posts: 76 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Pittsburgh, PA USA
I added an MfE account (using N9 with pr1.3). It won't connect to the exchange server.

When I was setting up the account, it asked to create a security code. I did not realize this was a security code for locking the N9. How can I remove the security code? Under Settings/Security there are no options to disable. (I set it up to text me the code to another mobile.)

I've tried setting non-provisionable device to on, but has no effect - does not enable any additional selections under security.

Would deleting the account help? It's not working any way.

At the moment, I get 5 tries for the security code and it locks after 15 minutes. These selections cannot be increased.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Accounts - Mail for exchange - connection settings - Non-provisionable Device - OFF

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
@Sergey

I'm amazed you're still around & actively helping peeps long after most colleagues in similar roles have disappeared.
I hope Jolla_Mobile have you in their sights, you would be a great catch!

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 76 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Pittsburgh, PA USA
Has no effect. No option to turn off. No way to incrrsse no. of tries or delay. Deleting MfE account has no effect.

in PR1.2 I started having an issue with Fenix, which wasn't fixed in PR1.3: when trying to change folder, the mail client just crash, apparently with a segmentation fault.

I don't know if it's related, but at one point I had MemailSettings installed. It's now removed and I recreated the mail account after that, just in case.

Any idea how to debug/fix that?

Posts: 184 | Thanked: 327 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Nizhny Novgorod
Originally Posted by nbedford View Post
Shame for me this one small bug/feature (which ever Nokia want to call it) would make N9 perfect
it is not a bug, it is working as it should be design. So, there was no way we could fix it.

Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
@Sergey
I'm amazed you're still around & actively helping peeps long after most colleagues in similar roles have disappeared.
I hope Jolla_Mobile have you in their sights, you would be a great catch!
thanks for a good words and no, they do not 'have me on their sight'. I'll try to keep answering here at least as long as my N9 is alive (unfortunately my N9 already have a bad hardware problem with power button, it is really hard to press it) and I have some free time Moreover, I'll try to make at least one more smallv(but I hope quite useful for someone ) free app for N9.

Originally Posted by corsac View Post
Any idea how to debug/fix that?
Get the Fenix logs and post them here/send it to me.

Originally Posted by rabilon View Post
Has no effect. No option to turn off. No way to incrrsse no. of tries or delay. Deleting MfE account has no effect.
Hmm, I'm not sure but probably the only way to fix it (if MfE account deletion had no effect) is to reflash the device.

Don't know how to sync your Hotmail account as an Exchange account with your Nokia N9? Use MeMailSettings! For help you can check out MeMailSetting's support page.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Sergey_Kashin For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rabilon View Post
I added an MfE account (using N9 with pr1.3). It won't connect to the exchange server.

When I was setting up the account, it asked to create a security code. I did not realize this was a security code for locking the N9. How can I remove the security code? Under Settings/Security there are no options to disable. (I set it up to text me the code to another mobile.)

I've tried setting non-provisionable device to on, but has no effect - does not enable any additional selections under security.

Would deleting the account help? It's not working any way.

At the moment, I get 5 tries for the security code and it locks after 15 minutes. These selections cannot be increased.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Delete the account in N9, then turn the lock code off from your phone's security settings.

Then delete the device from your Exchange profile in your Outlook Web Access preferences. Now you can try again adding the device without the lock code. Exchange remembers that your device was fully provisionable eg. supports the code until you delete the previous assignation of the device from the profile.

Also Exchange settings may have policy enabled that does not allow non-provisionable devices at all (eg. it refuses contact). 5 tries and 15 minutes rules are also decided by the same policy settings, eg. you may have to get into touch with your email admin unless you are one, of course.

The Following User Says Thank You to Manatus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 674 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
Originally Posted by Sergey_Kashin View Post
(unfortunately my N9 already have a bad hardware problem with power button, it is really hard to press it)
You should install http://store.ovi.com/content/222136

Now that Sergey was seen in this thread, a question regarding Zimbra and N9 and N900, please.

We are migrating to opensource based Zimbra Network Edition 7.2 (that is supposed to have full ActiveSync version 12 support as is in Exchange 2007). However MfE in N9, N900, E7 and E5 phones mangles nordic characters so, that any plain text message content that contains them are not visible at all in the phone.
Reply to these blank messages tells us that there is in fact message, but its content is just not shown when reading it from the phone due to wrong character set.

(Probable reason being here is that Exchange has a bad habit of enforcing the character set in all emails, disregarding content type headers possibly before the activesync API and this makes it always work with MfE, while Zimbra fails only because it is playing by the book.)

I understand that this is something Zimbra devs should look into, and we are waiting our premium support account to create a case for them. However you already made it possible to get around this problem in N9 with MeMailSettings with option to enable "download messages full mime" that gives the email client a bit more to chew on than just the basic headers and the content.

The question is, are there similar option for N900 (or Nokia E7s and E5s)? I browsed Modest settings a bit with gconf editor on N900 but I don't know any possible strings to put into attributes I found there, and I don't know if they are just for IMAP or also for activesync/mfe-part of the email client. Can you shed some light if it is possible download full mime on N900 too?
Short answer will do. Thanks!

Sorry for longwinded explanation...

Tags
attachments, email, issues, mail exchange, nokia n9, nokia n950