Notices

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
I bet the problem you have is the sd card not making contact with the pins, take it out press the middle of the slider inwards so to bow it very slightly then reinsert making sure you get the little tabs under the lips when you push the slider in place.

I had this problem and also seen it on other devices too and it was the sd card itself not making proper contact, try it it will cost you nothing.

Incidently the mesage given was the same as you have, memory card corrupted.

Originally Posted by michaaa62 View Post
So i guess your file system is severely corrupt beyond a point of repair for fsck.

There are two, perhaps three, methods to go on from here:
1. If your data is still on your computer and easily to restore on the phone, you could formate the emmc freshly and recopy all your stuff to it.
Code:
mkfs.vfat -n MyDocs /dev/mmcblk0p1
2. You could try to get your data back from the device if you have no backup available with testdisk from recovery-tools package
Code:
apt-get install recovery-tools
testdisk /dev/mmcblk0
3. This a dangerous option: You could rewrite the file systems backup header to the partition. This could really do some magic, but could also destroy it beyond recovery if something goes weird.
Code:
dd if=/dev/mmcblk0p1 of=/dev/mmcblk0p1 bs=512 count=1 skip=6
You could find more on this slightly dangerous command here http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...8&postcount=31

i'm at work at the moment i'll do backup to my number to the computer and tell u the result .

thankx for the great help

Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
I bet the problem you have is the sd card not making contact with the pins, take it out press the middle of the slider inwards so to bow it very slightly then reinsert making sure you get the little tabs under the lips when you push the slider in place.

I had this problem and also seen it on other devices too and it was the sd card itself not making proper contact, try it it will cost you nothing.

Incidently the mesage given was the same as you have, memory card corrupted.
tried nothin changed thank for the help

So i guess your file system is severely corrupt beyond a point of repair for fsck.

There are two, perhaps three, methods to go on from here:
1. If your data is still on your computer and easily to restore on the phone, you could formate the emmc freshly and recopy all your stuff to it.
Code:
mkfs.vfat -n MyDocs /dev/mmcblk0p1
2. You could try to get your data back from the device if you have no backup available with testdisk from recovery-tools package
Code:
apt-get install recovery-tools
testdisk /dev/mmcblk0
3. This a dangerous option: You could rewrite the file systems backup header to the partition. This could really do some magic, but could also destroy it beyond recovery if something goes weird.
Code:
dd if=/dev/mmcblk0p1 of=/dev/mmcblk0p1 bs=512 count=1 skip=6
You could find more on this slightly dangerous command here http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...8&postcount=31
nothin happend
~ $ root

BusyBox v1.10.2 (Debian 3:1.10.2.legal-1osso30+0m5) built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

Nokia-N900:~# mkfs.vfat -n MyDocs /dev/mmcblk0p1
mkfs.vfat 2.11 (12 Mar 2005)
Nokia-N900:~#

a minute later i tryed the code u gave me first which is
sudo gainroot
umount /dev/mmcblk0p1
fsck -af /dev/mmcblk0p1
mount /dev/mmcblk0p1 /home/user/MyDocs

than this came up
Nokia-N900:~# sudo gainroot
root is not in the sudoers file. This incident will be reported.
Nokia-N900:~# umount /dev/mmcblk0p1
umount: cannot umount /dev/mmcblk0p1: Invalid argument
Nokia-N900:~# fsck -af /dev/mmcblk0p1
fsck 1.41.3.maemo0 (12-Oct-2008)
dosfsck 2.11, 12 Mar 2005, FAT32, LFN
/dev/mmcblk0p1: 1 files, 1/1768863 clusters
Nokia-N900:~# mount /dev/mmcblk0p1 /home/user/MyDocs

checked my file manager and it was there.. the device memory. pressed on it and it saw the folders but they were empty.

checked memory from the setting and still it says memory corrupted, than went bk to the file manager and formated the Nokia N900, than checked again on the setting and finally it was back.

even thou i lost everything i'm still happy cuz i got the 32g back..

i just wanna thank u sooo much for ur help.

Last edited by hhmah; 2011-04-02 at 17:05.

i have this same prob plzz help me

Posts: 85 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao, Spain
Still not clear what the error for the file system is
Try
Code:
dosfsck -a -t -w -v /dev/mmcblk0p1
hI michaaa62. i have tried all your suggestions above in this thread but without rsults. With this latter command I got stack: it is running for more than 15 minutes but nothing appears, nor even command prompt #. do you know if it means something good? Machine now seems to work very slow while still running this command. Please my debug file attached. Thanks in advanced. bTW, could not try testdisk because of font size. Have to reboot to apply changes but dont want to stop Xterminal
Attached Files
File Type: txt debug01.txt (2.0 KB, 158 views)

Posts: 69 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Joseon
I have the same problem. "Memory card corrupted". the emmc (mass memory) of the n900 is not recognized by N900 device, only by the windows. I tried with maemo flasher but with no results. "suitable USB drive not found." I have the last ovi pc suite but still don't install the n900 driver....i re-flashed the phone but no results, i forced the format in NTFS, FAT32,FAT, i even made it RAW (unpartitioned) but no results.

do someone have solution?? this phone makes me crazy!

what caracteristic of formatting have this mass memory? (fat, fat32 ntfs...hell knows)

@HHMan =please tell me where is the "format" options in file manager

@ michaaa62 I Just want to Hug you!!! I give you a box of beer!!! after a lot of hours spent in front of forums i save my mass memory. i had that irritating error "memory card corrupted" but you save the day!. Thanks and i appreciate your interest to help!

i choose the 1st solution. i formated the mass memory. (mkfs.vfat -n MyDocs /dev/mmcblk0p1), i reboot my phone and voila!