Notices

Posts: 61 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Exeter (UK)
Ok thanks henkp. Thought it was looking for me to install QT

I'm experiencing the same problem, GPS stays on (PR 1.2) but the location doesn't get pushed to Google.

Any idea?

EDIT: I ran a tcpdump but there is no HTTP traffic going to Google, so gluppy is never pushing any data or doing a auth.

gluppyd is running btw!

Last edited by Snow_King; 2010-06-26 at 19:11.

I had been havins some problems with the extras-development repos, but sorted this out to get the latitude widget.
I've not had any problems with the installation routine, that went very smoothly. Good Work!
I've not been anywhere yet to be able to see what the updates are like and it it will do what I expect.
I'll post back

Posts: 9 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Grays, United Kingdom
Press shift key on keyboard and double tap. Tap has to be precise on the same spot else it will move the map instead.

Originally Posted by flydeep View Post
I have been playing little with google maps and seem to like it. Looks like it is the best alternative for now. In the hover mode, you can double tap to zoom in.

But is there a way to zoom out of the map? I couldn't find an option to do that.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tinfoil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 12 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
I've had a lot of problem with this app. Sometimes it start sending my position twice a second even if I'm not moving. It drains the battery really quickly.

The other problem is that it every now and then keeps asking for connection even if I have a working connection and I choose the working connection from the list. The list of connections just keep popping up all the time. Sometimes the only solution is to power off the device because you can't access anything else when the connection chooser gets stuck in this loop.

This would be a really great app if these things would be fixed.

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
Now my connection problems are gone but the application is still really unreliable. Usually it updates my location every second even if I'm not moving and sometimes it goes crazy and updates it twice every second. I can't use this anymore because sometimes it drains my battery in 3 hours. It also consumes too much resources so that it is almost impossible to use the phone. Menus and scrolling get really slow etc.

I wish I could help with this.

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ California
Originally Posted by jhellen View Post
Now my connection problems are gone but the application is still really unreliable. Usually it updates my location every second even if I'm not moving and sometimes it goes crazy and updates it twice every second. I can't use this anymore because sometimes it drains my battery in 3 hours. It also consumes too much resources so that it is almost impossible to use the phone. Menus and scrolling get really slow etc.

I wish I could help with this.
Take this one (attached), unpack and put into /opt/linfati.com/googlelatitude

It requires PR1.3.

I built it from latest author sources and it has GPS update each 120secs. It still consumes too much battery due to dbus polling cycle - each 1/5 sec or so, but it is essentially less, because it doesn't use 3G each time. I am looking into it.

Unforrtunately, author gone somewhere in May and does not respond to messages...

Please respond here with short review.
Attached Files
File Type: gz googlelatitude.gz (23.8 KB, 78 views)

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London, UK
Any update on this? I really miss having an automated latitude updater on my n900, one of the major android features I miss.

Thanks guys...

Any work done on this?

I just noticed that simply having the google latitude open in the browser works fine and updates automatically. I just wonder what option is the least battery hungry, doing that - or running this app?

Also, I would want it to happen automatically without occupying an open window in the taskmanager....

/Z

Posts: 177 | Thanked: 199 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Concepcion, Chile
"preferred-method", LOCATION_METHOD_ACWP
"preferred-interval", LOCATION_INTERVAL_120S

my code is NOT using the gps, use the cell tower to get the position every 120 sec.

if you have others apps pulling updates from gps or in less of 120sec. the googlelatitude will be update on each pull, by design of the "gps c api". To avoid this i need migrate to qt mobile location.