Notices

Posts: 254 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ New Delhi, India
could someone please... please ...please make a .deb file for this theme? i'd love to use it but am scared to mess up with the default folders....

Posts: 79 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
I don't understand how to get this theme working..
Do i need to use the x-terminal and do i have to be in root to do this?
Or can i unzip on my windows computer and put the files to the right folders from there?
Can't seem to find .....usr/share/icons from my computer.

Sorry, but i'm a noob at linux..

Mad cool theme tho.

The Following User Says Thank You to Crom For This Useful Post:
Posts: 968 | Thanked: 974 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Ohio
Thanks for all the great work. Installed easily, almost all the parts. Love it.

To install, it's easiest to install openssh on the N900 then use something like winscp or an ftp client to copy files to the N900 (I use filezilla). Be warned though that you can delete or screw up files on your N900 and may have to re-flash. If you only install the files in this package you should be OK.

I also installed all the files in /usr/share/icons/hicolor..... to /home/user/.local/share/icons/hicolor...

this way I don't overwrite the files on my root filesystem and only have to delete the files in the .local folder to return to the originals.

I think I used everything but the phone,media player, and general web icons. I also left the task manager/switcher and close items "stock".

And I updated the web shortcut to remove the explorer "E" attached.
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lemmyslender For This Useful Post:
Posts: 79 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by lemmyslender View Post
Thanks for all the great work. Installed easily, almost all the parts. Love it.

To install, it's easiest to install openssh on the N900 then use something like winscp or an ftp client to copy files to the N900 (I use filezilla). Be warned though that you can delete or screw up files on your N900 and may have to re-flash. If you only install the files in this package you should be OK.

I also installed all the files in /usr/share/icons/hicolor..... to /home/user/.local/share/icons/hicolor...

this way I don't overwrite the files on my root filesystem and only have to delete the files in the .local folder to return to the originals.

I think I used everything but the phone,media player, and general web icons. I also left the task manager/switcher and close items "stock".

And I updated the web shortcut to remove the explorer "E" attached.
Thanks! I got access using your metod.

Something else that i have to ask tho..

Say i want to change the "general_default_avatar"..
The instructions tells me to place in usr/share/icons/hicolor/216x216.
There is no files there to replace, so then i don't understand.. Will the N900 use the new avatar, or is it as i imagine that it shuld be plased under the folder "hildon"? (usr/share/icons/hicolor/216x216/hildon)
There are several avatar files there, so i imagine that one of them have to be replased..?

Told you i'm a complete noob, but i don't want to make a mess of my N900.. lol

Posts: 968 | Thanked: 974 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Ohio
Crom,

Yes, all the icon/hicolor stuff goes in a hildon folder inside the size (216x216) folders.

Tjgib2001 did a great job putting this all together, but I think there were a coulpe typos along the way.

Posts: 130 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hampshire, UK
been using parts of this theme for a while as downloaded each part seperately as you created them

couldnt get the virtual keyboard to work for some reason (not using SFTP but via XTerminal) but now i have the full theme will try again.

good work

The Following User Says Thank You to DJRedline For This Useful Post:
Posts: 130 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hampshire, UK
unsure whats happening as most of the files work -

when my N900 is connected to my pc just make a new directory named "themes". (full path: /home/user/MyDocs/themes)

in this folder make two additional directories named "beta" and "beta-backup".

now copy all modded .png files into their relevant folders within the 'beta' folder as per you instructions .
disconnect usb.

open x-term.
1. get root:
type "sudo gainroot".
2. copy files to back them up:
type "cp -r /usr/share/themes/beta/* /home/user/MyDocs/themes/beta-backup/"
3. overwrite existing files:
type "cp -r /home/user/MyDocs/themes/beta /usr/share/themes/beta"

now things like the contact frames, web shortcuts, menu icon, desktop shortcuts, calendar widget etc etc (basically all mods that need to be in the 'images' folder) seem to work apart from the phone dialer, calendar (even though the .png files are in the same 'images' folder that seem to work for other mods)

Posts: 248 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
please make a deb. file.
is to much work with the computer and some people dont have a computer!!
so please is it possible to make a deb. file???

Posts: 308 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ UK Swindon
wow this looks one of the best themes so far. I'd love it but not prepared to bugger up my phone in the process and I simply dont have time or the inclination to learn how to grrrr

Posts: 248 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
where to put files from images for internet folder?

Tags
fremantle, wip theme