i for one, am excited. cant wait to get some reviews on this though i know it will be at least another month before its on amazon/dell/newegg for less than $500. i wanted to pull the trigger on an n8 for my wife for christmas but she loves her n97 mini and i know she would poo-poo any device without a qwerty

I'd be more excited to see if it was the N9 ):.

The Following User Says Thank You to DDRFAN For This Useful Post:
i hear ya, but im a sucker for elegant hardware of all flavors

one more day? or does nokia drop the ball once again?

Posts: 434 | Thanked: 990 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Australia
I've had a play with the N8 and can say I wasn't that impressed. Symbian 3, while being quite different under the hood, certainly hasn't seen too much of a change with the UI although that may be something done on purpose by Nokia.
I think I'd forego the extra 16gb, sd card slot and 12mp camera for a qwerty keyboard any day. The E7 would b my choice over the N8 for that reason alone.
I'll stick with my N900 and Desire for a while yet and see what Nokia brings to the table with Meego.

well color me failed

so shocked.

its odd that they twittered that just a few weeks ago

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 284 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
I used the e65 (S40) before changing to N900. I just got the C6-01 with Symbian 3 for my wife. I'm ok with the OS.

By the way, the C6-01 looks, and feels great!

Posts: 380 | Thanked: 459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Slovenia
Originally Posted by jerryfreak View Post
well color me failed

so shocked.

its odd that they twittered that just a few weeks ago
What are you talking about?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to olympus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 500 | Thanked: 437 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Oklahoma
Tried to check on availability of the E7. Most of nokia.com appears to be down. Maybe they are getting ready to launch; maybe they have a server issue.

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 192 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Atlanta
I just got an N8 3 days ago. Symbian ^3 is a major improvement over previous versions. I just got rid of my N82 with Symbian 3.2 and my Nokia 5230 (traded to get my N8)with Symbian 5th so I have recent experience with the Symbian of old. The UI is faster and the games are better due to the Broadcome GPU, the OS has more functionality and the hardware combination is rock solid.

The E7 will be great as well. People complain about Symbian's UI and most have never used it, especially the new version. You don't like the font, change it, don't like the background, change it, don't like the widgets, change them, don't like the icons, change them, don't like the organizational structure, change it. The UI is customizable and speedy due to the new Symbian^3 GPU UI acceleration. The Symbian OS core has been updated with new features on top of the industry leading feature set of of previous Symbian versions. People act like they are incapable of learning a different OS yet they forget that at one time they had to learn how to use iOS, Android, Blackberry, WebOS and Windows Mobile/Phone. It is what the OS can do, how it OPERATES, should be most important.

Enjoy it for yourself.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Deaconclgi For This Useful Post: